Dual (oil & wood) fuel indoor boilers

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
muncybob

muncybob

ArboristSite Member
I have looked at the Newmac and the Tarm Excel models. Love the Tarm but a bit pricey....can't seem to find anybody that has used the Newmac oil/wood boiler for a reference. Anybody have any experience with Newmac or other mfg.'s boilers?

Bruce Hopf

Bruce Hopf

ArboristSite Guru
I have looked at the Newmac and the Tarm Excel models. Love the Tarm but a bit pricey....can't seem to find anybody that has used the Newmac oil/wood boiler for a reference. Anybody have any experience with Newmac or other mfg.'s boilers?
My Dad used to have his own Plumbing and Heating Business. He used to install Wood/Oil Combination Furnaces, and Newmac was a real good brand of Furnace.
I don't know anything about their Boilers though. I hope this helps you.

tawilson

tawilson

Addicted to ArboristSite
Some neighbors of mine have an automotive garage they have heated for the last two winters with a Newmac wood/oil furnace. They are happy with it. I have looked at the boilers for myself and if I get one they will be it.

muncybob

muncybob

ArboristSite Member
Newmac furnace owners seemto be the only people I can find. Makes me wonder why I have yet to come across a boiler owner! But, at least the furnace owners seem to be happy. I spoke with one owner that almost cut their oil consumption in half vs. the old oil boiler...for whatever reason they used the oil primarily last year but I guess plan to use more wood this year.

Bruce Hopf

Bruce Hopf

ArboristSite Guru
I have a Duo Matic Climate Maker, Wood/Oil Combination Furnace in my Basement. They no longer make the Duomatic Furnace, because the Company closed up a long time ago.
For the last 2 years, I haven't burned a drop of oil. I was forced to remove my Furnace Oil Tank, from the Basement, by the Insurance Company, because they said it was too old for them to Insure.
I said OK, NO Problem. They offered me $200.00 to put in a replacement tank, and I said forget about the New Tank, because every 10 years, I'd have to replace it.
I can buy a couple more gallons of Gas, and buy some more Oil Mix for the Chain Saws, and buy a few more gallons of Diesel Fuel for the Tractors, to cut, and to Split and Haul a few extra cords of fire wood to heat my house with each winter. Done Deal. Bruce.