Ducting an add on wood furnace

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Missed this post from it's start

I helped a HVAC installer set up something similar to what is being described previously here. He put a mechanichal damper above the gas furnace and an electric one over the wood. When the gas is on the damper shuts above the wood, when the wood is hot enough a switch above the wood tells the gas not to start. Took a few evenings of baby sitting to set all the switches and there is some overlap when both will run for short periods together. What was trying to be avoided was "short circuit" in the system where they would loop through each other. He had mentioned that ideally you would have the gas furnace and the wood furnace at opposite ends of of your main ductwork.

The juca is a different type of burner. Its good to know someone has one and it burns well, What are the burn times you get with yours? Currently I get a 6 to 8 hour Clean Burn with my usstove wood furnace. I am hopeing to get a new wood furnace that produces close to a 12 hour burn. My dad has one, its built by the amish, and it uses a secondary burn chamber to burn the wood smoke. It only burns on the bottom so the wood drops like a hopper. The Smoke goes through the hot coals and burns it. Still at 1300 dollars I am skeptical, but I am also looking for something that burns less wood. What I have now works great, but something a little better would be better.

JUCA is a free burning system. think of it as a fire inside your normal fireplace. differance is high tech heat exchanger and high flow forced air handler.

this is why ducting is covered in detail on JUCA site. It's designed from ground up with capacity to deliver heat into your heating ducts.

burntime is determinded by size of logs used, instead of choked air slowing burn down. follow the load calculator to determind how much wood it's going to take for a season based upon you zip code, house size, insulation etc.

http://mb-soft.com/juca/info/ques1.html

here's a better explaination on how juca works

http://mb-soft.com/juca/print/118.html

Latest posts

Back