Dump Bed Insert Opinions

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Encore

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I'm considering putting a dump bed insert in my F350. A lot of times when I pull trees it's in an area that is too tight to get a trailer into and when I deliver it would make dropping the wood off much much easier.

I'm looking at a like new Ez Dumper and a Bri Mar.

I don't have any experience with Ez Dumper and wondered if anyone here has? I know Bri Mar is a good brand but the Ez Dumper is much less expensive. Since all I'm hauling is firewood (no salt and maybe once every other year gravel) do I need to pull the trigger on a Bri mar or is the Ez Dumper a good brand?

I have a dump insert but have no idea what brand it is but I'm sure it's not a Bri mar. I have mine mounted in a trailer but it comes out easy if I need it on a truck. I also used the hydraulics from one to build my flatbed for my dodge 3/4 ton, works great and is very handy. I will always have one on a truck now. You'll be able to load up that 350 pretty good. I have 20" racks for mine but no way the tires would hold that much wood weight piled up. My buddy uses it alot and says he puts 2 face cord of 16" hardwood on it using heavy truck tires on it. Before the end of the world as we know it guys chime in that would be about 2/3 of a full cord. He's pulling it with a 1/2 ton chev. I likely have pics of it somewhere in "my firewood tools" thread.

dump

take a look at stock body dump kit .had one for 10 years.k

i own two CAM (owned by brimar i believe) dump inserts, both 8'ers. for the $2700 price including a headache rack and tarp kit it is money well spent. they're fairy stout, but I've managed to tweak mine a little, but they've been through hell and back and always work. i believe mine are rated @ 5200lbs dumping.

262944d1353288725-f350-dump-jpg.jpg

Latest posts

Back