dump trailer

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a 16 x 7 appalachain trailer 14,000gvw, tag a long with a 2 5/16 ball. I would recommend getting a trailer with as heavy a gvw as you can. The appalachain trailer is a very nice trailer, although it is not built as well as some of the others. On the 16 foot the axles were all the was in the rear, and had to be moved to make it tow nicely. The frame is c- channel and some of the others are a boxed frames, and if you are hauling everyday I would go with a boxed/ tube frame. I had to have mine boxed in to help prevent it from bending.

I dump oak logs all the time with my 14ft trailer. Get a 4.5 or 5 inch cylinder for the lift. Little slower but you will be able to get big logs dumped. My 4" cylinder will dump a load of 10,000 lbs and that is it.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Tapatalk 2

Not sure of the company that makes it but, there are ones that dump to the side as well as to the back. .

Pronovost in Canada builds them and they are a real nice trailer. They will dump to either side or rear by moving two pins. Unfortunately they are also pricey and hardly ever come up for sale used. They make two versions, off road and road worthy. Took me quite a few years to come across one used, mine is the road worthy version.

the off road version
View attachment 277309

if you are going to be doing this 5 days a week, why not a dump truck?? i understand another vehicle to tag insure etc. don't know where you are but that would be my idea.

if you are going to be doing this 5 days a week, why not a dump truck?? i understand another vehicle to tag insure etc. don't know where you are but that would be my idea.

i think thatd be way more fuel spent and idk about bossman letting me take a dump truck of wood home each day

I have a Load/Trail 14,000, 7'x14' ball hitch,scissor hoist. Great trailer. I had a simple bracket welded between frame rails so I could mount a spare. Very well built trailer. If I were to get another one, Load/Trail would be the one.

i think thatd be way more fuel spent and idk about bossman letting me take a dump truck of wood home each day

I think he was referring to something like this rather than a dual axle semi rig.

Not a bad idea depending on your location, laws and luck.

I used a buddys 8' F450 dump truck for awhile and didn't really like it. You just can't get as much wood in there as you can with a dump trailer.

Granted at the time I loved it because it beat loading and unloading my non dump trailer by hand lol.

If you are wanting to sell stuff in log length, I'd stick with the dump trailer.

One other thing, invest in some good tires. The first thing I did was upgrade my tires. I kept the old ones just because, but I put some really heavy duty tires on my trailer because it rides so much more smooth when you have good tires on it.

I think he was referring to something like this rather than a dual axle semi rig.

Not a bad idea depending on your location, laws and luck.

exactly something like these

021.jpg

white one has a 8x10 bed black one a 8x12

I used a buddys 8' F450 dump truck for awhile and didn't really like it. You just can't get as much wood in there as you can with a dump trailer.

Granted at the time I loved it because it beat loading and unloading my non dump trailer by hand lol.

If you are wanting to sell stuff in log length, I'd stick with the dump trailer.

One other thing, invest in some good tires. The first thing I did was upgrade my tires. I kept the old ones just because, but I put some really heavy duty tires on my trailer because it rides so much more smooth when you have good tires on it.

get a bigger dump truck

tires are a great suggestion

yea I definitely thought he meant a bigger dump truck than one of them pickemup trucks with a dump body LOL Good thing to think about. My buddy had a dodge first gen cummins dump truck, he sold it for 2 grand though but that would've been minty. Them cummins 6bt's with the bosch rotary pump got great fuel mileage, I owned one for a spell and loved it, still regret selling it but I love my truck I got now

Check out Griffin trailers. I'm not sure if you have a dealer in your area but I think they are the best out there. Comes standard with a lot of features (D rings, LED lights, 10ga steel, powder coated, 24" sides, ramps which are mounted in rubber mounts so they don't rattle, 3 way gate, dual hydraulic rams ). I also like how the front is raised where the tarp mount goes. You can get them in different lengths as well as hitch styles or with a scissor lift.

Here's a link to a dealer near me just so you can see what they look like and the options: Home Page

yea I definitely thought he meant a bigger dump truck than one of them pickemup trucks with a dump body LOL Good thing to think about. My buddy had a dodge first gen cummins dump truck, he sold it for 2 grand though but that would've been minty. Them cummins 6bt's with the bosch rotary pump got great fuel mileage, I owned one for a spell and loved it, still regret selling it but I love my truck I got now

you mean something like this.

008_zps3c0d1409.jpg

she drinks fuel 3-4 MPGs

There is a non-abused 2004 here Identical to TomTrees' but Tom's is cleaner. Anyhow my buddy is a contractor and broke his arm skiing in Colorado.

*That is what happens when you chase the beavertail, and I dont mean trailer.*

He's gotta get some pins in and paying for his own surgery. $4000 if you want one and can come to Illinois, PM me.

I like what Tom has for arborist work or firewood, because if you had a tall profile one, you are gonna fight it gettin' it loaded. And make sure the brakes work.

Latest posts

Back