Dura Max 511A Chain Grinder Question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
3/16 should be for both a deep hook/pocket is not what you are looking for- only enough pocket to bring out an edge on the top plate and not have the vertical side leading the edge. when you get the new chains you will have a reference. on a couple of the pictures you are grinding down into the tie strap, you do not want that

3/16 should be for both a deep hook/pocket is not what you are looking for- only enough pocket to bring out an edge on the top plate and not have the vertical side leading the edge. when you get the new chains you will have a reference. on a couple of the pictures you are grinding down into the tie strap, you do not want that
cool beans, yeah i was playing with the tilt option on the vice and got into the strap, just wanted to see how different the tilting made the teeth look. that poor chain looks funky with all the playing around ive done. new chains shipped out today, be here by tuesday i hope. i ordered me a oregon gauge for the rakers and a extra wheel for the grinder too. i should be set for a while im assuming. thanks for the info. you have been very helpful.

You are welcome. I run 25 deg across the top plate and 65deg vertical makes for a stronger cutting edge same reason you do not sharpen a axe like a knife. My customers all seem to like it. Well, off to the the races I have a dozen 7ft loops of . 404 chain to sharpen.

Latest posts

Back