Dynamic/Conehead

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jazak

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Does anyone have a DC-50. If so whats it like, what motor to get 80hp JD or 90hp Kabota? Is it powerful, would you go with another unit instead? Thinking about buying one

I have one with a 115hp Perkins. I usually buy a chipper, or anything for that matter, with the highest hp engine that it is offered with. I think it is a powerful machine for its size. I have run 10 inch lychee logs through it and my guys were surprised that it was able to chip it. Lychee is very hard wood, just as hard as mesquite. I think the standard 89hp Kubota will probably be enough, but if you can swing it, I would get the DC55 purely for the wider infeed. The DC50 is feed throat is 18" high by 16" wide. The DC55 is 20"H X 25"W. A huge difference which will make it easier to feed crotchy material in. Of course the price difference is huge too, $11K difference in the base chipper.

Disclaimer: I am the Dynamic dealer for Hawaii, but replying to this thread purely as a user, since I can get no financial benefit if you buy one, unless you want to pick it up in Hawaii.

Back