E-1400

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

newmanab

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Will a E-1400 burn large rounds? haven't bit the bullet yet, but getting either cb5036 or E1400.. can decide if the 1400 is worth the extra doe.

Large is subjective. :)

Will it burn as large as a CB 5036? no.
Do you have to split everything down to kindling? No :)

I have put some 12-16 inch rounds that wouldn't split in there, and as long as there is other wood / coals to support it will burn.

Most of the wood i use are 12-26 rounds split in half.

It has been going pretty good, had a couple of weeks of a having my fire go out more than i would like, (mostly bridged wood), but i think i am getting better loading it since i am not having that happen nearly as much.

It was out this morning, but that was due to me experimenting, i put in like 6 small rounds, 3" range just to see how much wood it would take for the warmer weather and apprently it needed a bit more that that. Haha

I don't have the water hooked up yet. At this point in the year i figure i will just do it in the summer.

Other than that though it is working well, it is on a diet of 100% standing dead ash, normally cut about a week before. I am looking forward to seeing how it work next winter when the wood has actually been cut and stacked for a little bit of time.
It doesn't seem to have any problems going into gassification mode with the wood that i am using though.

Latest posts

Back