E-Classic from CB.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Black,

I don't think I'd need to piss off folks this early in the summer. Maybe I'll wait on the test run til' fall?

Tony

why not wait until your problem person is on holiday and fire it up, burn the paint of so to speak and then not have the problem later in the year when you need the heat? just a thought

sdt,

I have other neighbors that this smoking problem "could" be a problem for this early in the summer. When I'm satisified all windows are closed, I'll give everyone a heads up first, then I'll light it.

The problem b-itch isn't a problem at all, what she says, thinks, does, who she calls is irrelevant. There's no way to satisfy this quack, so I'll proceed as if she wasn't there. The guy we had here to finish the trench for the Thermo-Plex got into it with her today...:chainsaw:

Still, we are the first ones here to try this in our community, I need to do everything right to show folks these units, when run properly, aren't the scourge of the free world there made out too be.

Tony,

You might want to send your neighbor on vacation for the winter. Unless that thing burns with absolutely no smoke your going to have a problem. I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the houses in your neighborhood are far too close together for an outdoor wood furnace. Being that close, your chimney height should be at least the height of the downwind neighbors roof. I have an OWB and love it, but I live on 4 acres, and quite honestly even that in my opinion is pushing the limits of being too close to the neighbors, and I only burn seasoned wood in it. My recommendation is to either put one heck of a chimney on that thing, or don't buy it.

Hardy,

the chimney height will be at least 23', maybe 27'. The neighbor is upwind, and this height should be just about right...will see come October.:popcorn:

Latest posts

Back