eastern hemlock??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ryan Willock

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
does anyone buy eastern hemlock?? is it valuable??? never had any experiance with it as it doesn't grow in my area. i was in the mountians recently and saw some and was wondering.

Ryan it's funny that you made this thread although I only deal with Hemlock once in a while,I recieved this in the mail today

Last edited:
True...

Clear butt logs will usually bring double that. There's a place west of me I might use if I ever need to get rid of a truckload of the stuff that pays pretty good for truck length hemlock to make large beams. Frankly I don't run across much of it that doesn't just chip.

I have about thirty thousand feet of it laying in behind my dads barn I am getting ready to use some of it to start our new house framing, lapsiding and so forth. I hate to sell the stuff for no more than it brings it seems like you are just giving it away. I understand selling it if you are moving volume. If we get into a good patch we keep it for ourselves and saw it up for friends and so forth for hunting cabins, buildings, barn siding and so forth. Makes some good lumber and doesnt really shrink up all that much when you use it green. Later Wade

Back