Eastern PA GTG

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oscar4883

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Anybody from NEPA or North Jersey want to hook up for a GTG? Seems like we are getting quite a few members in the NEPA area. In the chainsaw and firewood forums at least. Starting to be real nice weather out for running saws. If anyone is interested shoot me a pm or reply here. Would be nice to meet some other members.
Thanks
John

sounds great but probably too far for me. where were you thinkin of havin this at so i can see what my travel time would be?

i need a GTG in northern west virginia, eastern ohio or western pennsylvania! if i had property i'd host one gladly.

chopperfreak-I am in 18354. Pocono area, not far from the Nascar track in Long Pond. These GTG's seem like a good time so I'm just trying to keep the thought alive.

I would be interested. I'm just to your south about 25 miles Jim Thorpe area. Dozer Dan did a great woods port for me that needs some trigger time...

I would be interested. I'm just to your south about 25 miles Jim Thorpe area. Dozer Dan did a great woods port for me that needs some trigger time...

Cool. I am right off of Rt. 33 by Schochs Harley Davidson if you are familiar. Doing a takedown of a good sized beech this week. May have to haul some of the bigger stuff home for a GTG.

give me a bit of notice and i can make an appearance.

saws to bring, for to run:
stihl s10
dolmar 7900
stihl custom 020avp super
poulan sleeper (if finished)
magical mystery project saw (nearly complete);)

i can bring a few more complete saws and odds and ends if'n anyone wants to do a mini swapmeet.

edit:
i'll leave the saws home and ride the bike up if anyone wants to ride too while in town..............

I'm in. Pocanos aren't that far from me; two hours or less. Do you have an idea for a date yet?

Got plenty of saws to bring. New saws, old saws, stock, modded.............

I'm in. Pocanos aren't that far from me; two hours or less. Do you have an idea for a date yet?

Got plenty of saws to bring. New saws, old saws, stock, modded.............

Pretty much any date I can work with. Seems as if there is alot of interest so maybe in a few weeks?

Curious as to a date also......I am just south of Princeton and about 1 1/2 hours from Allentown, PA. Got some friends up in the Lake Nockamixon area (Quakertown). Beautiful this time of year.

Either would be ok with me, although it will more than likely be a Sun., 1 day show for me. Could also bring some extra logs, if need be.

i should have stated that the bike is date/temperature dependant. you understand it is about 5.5 hours ride from my place to yours!
but....
hot damn that pic is cool! what is the location?

The Hawk's Nest on Route 97. It is a very popular motorcycle road, lots of turns as it overlooks the Delaware River. I have ridden it many, many times. There used to be a restaurant overlooking the River called the Hawk's Nest but it burned down a couple years back. It was very popular spot with the motorcycle crowd.

Latest posts

Back