Eastern PA GTG

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
oscar4883

oscar4883

Addicted to ArboristSite
How bout the weekend of Nov. 13/14? One day or the entire weekend? Camping would be in the front/back yard or there are several local campgrounds. I will add links tonight from some of them. Room for a few travel trailers as well. Contact me via pm and I will hand out my address and number to all interested.
Thanks
John

oscar4883
volks-man

volks-man

Arboristsite.com Spooner
How bout the weekend of Nov. 13/14? One day or the entire weekend? Camping would be in the front/back yard or there are several local campgrounds. I will add links tonight from some of them. Room for a few travel trailers as well. Contact me via pm and I will hand out my address and number to all interested.
Thanks
John

are there gonna be any wives/women there?
if there will be, then my better half will probably come with me and i will stay nights out near hazleton.
if not then all i need is two trees 13-20 feet apart in your yard....
'cause my hammock fits on the bike. :)

oscar4883

oscar4883

Addicted to ArboristSite
Well my wife and daughter will be there, does that count? LOL Never thought about that Volks. Anyone is welcome. Would that hammock be a Lawson Hammock by any chance?

spike60

spike60

Addicted to ArboristSite
Looks to be shaping up pretty good. If it's a one day deal, Sunday is always better for me, but I'll go with the flow.

I'm relatively familiar with the area; real pretty country. :rockn:

volks-man

volks-man

Arboristsite.com Spooner
Well my wife and daughter will be there, does that count? LOL Never thought about that Volks. Anyone is welcome. Would that hammock be a Lawson Hammock by any chance?

nope.
http://hennessyhammock.com/specs-ul-asym.html

it'd be neat if'n we could have the women-folk off to the other side of the yard knitting and prepping our vittles whilst we cut the firewood for them to cook on.;)

edit:
i looked it up and
the lawson looks like a nice hang but it is god awful heavy @ over 4lbs!!! :dizzy:

Last edited:
Vangellis

Vangellis

ArboristSite Guru
Just north of Scranton, Pa. here. My family actually has land in the Poconos on Monroe Lakes in Middle Smithfield township. We are talking about selling it and I wanted to get up there in the next few weeks to check it over.
Two birds with one stone.
I'm just a homeowner that firewoods with a 346XP and a 141. I'm sure it would be a good opportunity to learn a thing or two.
I'll keep it in mind. Thanks for organizing it.

Kevin

oldmar

oldmar

ArboristSite Operative
Hell, I'm in. I'm at the north end of Wallenpaupack, and could put up a guest overnight. Homeowner/Firewooder, but I likes me some saws. Got a neato log zipline yarding thingey I could demonstrate.

Last edited:
porta mill

porta mill

ArboristSite Operative
I did not realize there was so many people form NE Pa on here . I am from Tunkhannock . about an 1 1/2 from the track . I think it would cool to attend the GTG . let me know when and where and the particulars.

oscar4883

oscar4883

Addicted to ArboristSite
So it seems as if a one day GTG would work for most. If it can be agreed upon then Sunday the 14th of November should be good. Anyone needing/wanting to stay over can let me know via pm.

I don't drink anymore so it never even crossed my mind but it would probably be a good idea to leave the beers til after the saw work is done. If anyone is interested in doing a little climbing I can set something up as well.

DEG305

DEG305

ArboristSite Operative
I'm from just north of Honesdale, pa. and I'd like to be counted in. If some one has a spare 2pc coil for a 670 J-red please bring it and we'll talk! That photo of the Hawks nest is just across the river from me!

spike60

spike60

Addicted to ArboristSite
I'm from just north of Honesdale, pa. and I'd like to be counted in. If some one has a spare 2pc coil for a 670 J-red please bring it and we'll talk! That photo of the Hawks nest is just across the river from me!

I might have one in an old 266; I'll let you know.

A GTG is a great place for a swap meet. :rockn:

HomeDelight Man

HomeDelight Man

ArboristSite Operative
Sounds great! Oscar about what time will the festivities start. I can bring the Homelites, let me know if you would like to see a certain model, I have a bunch! Thanks again, Jonathan

oscar4883

oscar4883

Addicted to ArboristSite
Sounds great! Oscar about what time will the festivities start. I can bring the Homelites, let me know if you would like to see a certain model, I have a bunch! Thanks again, Jonathan

If everyone is in agreement I am thinking Sunday the 14th of November. Start up time can be early.
Thanks
John

Latest posts