Eastern states...You okay???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tree Sling'r

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Hey Eastern members, just checking in and hoping your all out of harms way. And lastly, is there anything I can do to help? I know it sounds crazy, but if there is any I can do let me know.

Central Va some wind some rain, little power outages........no problems really.
I am waiting to go into my neighbors woods and look for any down trees.

NC mountains got a good snow fall up above 3400 ft, nothing else other than that. Our hearts go out to the New York Area, looks like a lot of loss up there.

The southern part of the state got hit harder than the lower central are that I am in. I lost cable for almost a day and there were a lot of limbs down but few trees. I won't have a chance to get into my woods to check my maple sap tubing and trees until the weekend. Most of the power outages in the state have been fixed.

New York and New Jersey are still a mess in the seacoast areas from the news reports that I have seen.

I got power back last night at around 7. No damage for me. A lot a trees down around town. The beach which is about 5 miles from me was wiped out, the main street along the beach was buried with 6ft of sand.

Was just a windy night here. Lucky. Irene tore stuff up in the southern half of the state and they're still rebuilding.

Spike is accounted for by now, and is fine! :cool2:

Now I am wondering about leeha and Tomtrees58 - they may have been hit harder?

Last edited:
We got power back on about 4 yesterday and it had been out since monday. Also, lost about 12 good size oak trees that will have to be cleared, but I've been wanting to cut some wood anyway :)

Have anyone heard from Spike60 after the storm? :confused:

Are they out of Internet and power in his area?[/QUOTE

I bet he got some pretty nasty weather. hopefully all is well for him.

the storm curved around us just a few trees blown down here and there.

It was pretty windy Monday night, but we didn't lose power. Most of the people that I've talked to were only out for a day or so.

No damage here. My neighbor had a tree land next to his shed. I'll probably be getting some free wood out of that one. :msp_biggrin:

Most of the damage was northeast of the Schuylkill River here.

SandyDamageArea.jpg

Made it through the storm without issue, not many trees down around me at all. Some of the surrounding towns look like a bunch of us chainsaw junkys came through on a rampage and leveled everything in our path.

Back