Easy Oiler mod (for more oil)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I dug it up in hopes of getting the pics restored so I could get a general idea as to what was done. Like I said, I've searched for a loonngggg time! Also had it moved from the firewood section to get more exposure.

Had some free time to work on saw stuff today so I tore into the oiler. Took a few pics for anyone else searching for more oil. I took the advice here to steepen the piston face to increase stroke. Started with an 82 degree angle and stopped with 80. Time will tell, a quick piss rev produced plenty of spin-off on a 2x4.
Remove pin on adjuster post
DSC00713.JPG
Stock @ 82 and 16.44
DSC00715.JPG
DSC00716.JPG
A little emory cloth on a flat surface
DSC00718.JPG
Forgot to take pic @ measured 80 degrees and 16.24
I figured a little less would be better than too much. I can always go back and take more off.
Back together
DSC00720.JPG
Hole angled
DSC00722.JPG
After I run a full tank, I'll post back with the results.

Do you mod the gas tank smaller so you don't run out of oil too soon?
Actually... if someone were onto the idea of making the gas tank smaller, the answer would come from putting an object INTO the gas tank to take up that much volume you would want to decrease by... toss in a golf ball (the object must not be affected or 'melted' by the gas)

Latest posts

Back