ebay mistake with usedsaws7777

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jsk

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I just wanted to tell everyne to be caeful of the username usedsaws7777 on EBAY. I bought a stihl 034 from him for $200 plus shipping and got the saw fine. And i know that you get what you pay for. But the saw looked good and was a fair price. I got the saw and it started fine but was loading up so I tried to adjust the carb but it didnt make any difference. I called and told him about it and he said it was from shipping the saw and all the joseling around and to run it. Ok so I do. I was blocking up a tree and then bang something broke. So i called him and told him what happened and he said send the saw back and he would fix it no problem . he sounded confident and said it was no a issue and could have it fixed in a couple hours or so. HE wouldnt return my calls after a couple weeks. And my big mistake was to not realize that ebay has a 30 day policy for getting money returned which is my own fault but I didnt know. Which makes me think that he knew exactly that if he could wait and I did not file a claim before 30 days he had me

So now I have no recourse. I guess that Im to trusting in people and and I didnt look at the policy with ebay for money return. I dont know the charecter of this person but he does sell saws for good prices. I just personally would never buy another from him and just thought i would pass the warning on to be careful of him. Sorry if im rambling but maybe someone else will learn from my mistake.
jason

Reactions: DSS
Don't be surprised if this thread gets locked or deleted, AS has a policy about/rule against threads complaining about bad eBay deals.

As painful as it sounds, buying used chainsaws can be hit or miss, meaning you might or might not have a legit complaint.

actually you have 45 days to start a case against him. Just do all your communicating through e-bay, so they can track what's happened.

He treated me alright on a PM Canadien a while back. Sorry to hear you had problems with him.

Well i was just trying to save someone some grief and money if i could. I had conversations with the fellow on the phone and he sounded like a good guy. I dont know. Sorry if i broke the rules i didnt mean to be a jerk just wanted to stop anyone else form getting taken. When I called ebay they told me 30 day so im dont know. The guy from ebay tpld me to tell my local police department . I think they would laugh me out of there.
jason

And I wouldnt mind him telling his side of the story either. I runs saws every day for the last 15 yearsdoing tree work so Im not new to saws. And if i were to tear into the saw then he would have really thought that i did something to the saw which i didnt . I simple adjusted the high and the low to 2 turns out and then used a tach to try and set the saw to 10,500rpm which is on the safe side. It wouldnt even get close to it. Best it would get is like 7800 at 3/4 turn out on the high.

:popcorn:

I'm kinda new to this but my 041 only tachs around 7,000. I did not know the 034 would run the fast...uh?

I just wanted to tell everyne to be caeful of the username usedsaws7777 on EBAY. I bought a stihl 034 from him for $200 plus shipping and got the saw fine. And i know that you get what you pay for. But the saw looked good and was a fair price. I got the saw and it started fine but was loading up so I tried to adjust the carb but it didnt make any difference. I called and told him about it and he said it was from shipping the saw and all the joseling around and to run it. Ok so I do. I was blocking up a tree and then bang something broke. So i called him and told him what happened and he said send the saw back and he would fix it no problem . he sounded confident and said it was no a issue and could have it fixed in a couple hours or so. HE wouldnt return my calls after a couple weeks. And my big mistake was to not realize that ebay has a 30 day policy for getting money returned which is my own fault but I didnt know. Which makes me think that he knew exactly that if he could wait and I did not file a claim before 30 days he had me

So now I have no recourse. I guess that Im to trusting in people and and I didnt look at the policy with ebay for money return. I dont know the charecter of this person but he does sell saws for good prices. I just personally would never buy another from him and just thought i would pass the warning on to be careful of him. Sorry if im rambling but maybe someone else will learn from my mistake.
jason
What exactly went bang and broke?? Is saw locked up now?

A friend of ours bought a nissan pathfinder over ebay that was supposed to be in excellent condition and the seller waited until near the end of the 30 days to ship the vehicle and by the time it arrived the girl had a mechanic check it out and headgaskets were leaking and various other problems. Well over $3,000 in repairs needed. Try as she did and even with an attorney she ended up getting nothing.

Ebay is always a tricky situation. I have been very lucky so far with what I have bought and sold but it only take one time to have a problem.

Worst case $200 is not easy to lose but better than several thousand like our friends beat down was. Hard lesson to learn.

Hope you get it figured out. Ther still are some good sellers out there.

And I wouldnt mind him telling his side of the story either. I runs saws every day for the last 15 yearsdoing tree work so Im not new to saws. And if i were to tear into the saw then he would have really thought that i did something to the saw which i didnt . I simple adjusted the high and the low to 2 turns out and then used a tach to try and set the saw to 10,500rpm which is on the safe side. It wouldnt even get close to it. Best it would get is like 7800 at 3/4 turn out on the high.

A 034 should be set at 1 turn out on both H & L, and the max RPM's should be 13.5K.

What symptoms is the saw having? Is it locked? How does the compression feel? Have you pulled the muffler to take a look?

If you want us to help I'm sure we can get your saw going. But I agree, I thought the dispute period was 45 days (maybe that PP?).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back