Ebay Parts from “California“

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I’d assume a number of you already know this but for those who don’t:

A large percentage of Chinese sellers on Ebay set up their accounts with American sounding user names and say they are shipping from California.

Twice I fell for this charade only to have the delivery estimates pushed back cause the parts actually mailed from China.

I’m done with that charade. Sorry to any legit California sellers but I won’t be buying any saw parts from CA going forward.

When you get the receipt and it says you paid “xxxx” and it’s all Chinese symbols, just cancel the order right then!
There are terms and conditions to being a seller on ebay. Folks on this site, more so when I joined than now, seem to think they can type any terms and conditions into their listings. Such listings that are not shipping from where it is stated in the listing should be reported.

On a somewhat related topic I read that the shipping from China is so inexpensive because there is a reciprocal pricing arrangement. And how much goes the other direction? Might think about that when you stick on a 50 cent stamp.

Yup, sort of like a high stall torque converter on a drag car :happy:
Maybe it's for a very optimistic nitro saw? Prolly uses a safety lined clutch cover or ballistic material wrapping in that area of the saw. Plenty of US parts people selling mistakes like that all to often. Good knowledgeable, experienced parts folks can be very hard to find, and have for several decades now. Indecent hard working crooks are much easier to find though.

I buy all kinds of crap on Ebay / Amazon that ships from China because there is no US made equivalent. Like parts that are NLA from a US manufacturer. But i have also see the "ships from California" BS...
I have done that also but knew that it was coming from China or Hong Kong. Doesn’t bother me that it came from China and the quality was great but if I was expecting it from the US I expect it to come from the US.

When I buy something at China prices from California, I always look at the shipping details. If it says Fast n' Free and gives you an expected date, I'll order. If I want to order on, say, May 2 and the expected arrival date is June5-July7, it's mailed from CHY-NAH. Even the (overly) maligned USPS is far faster. In that case I weigh the price against the time.

Latest posts

Back