ebay question on pricing of parts saws and such

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

magna19

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
anybody check the price of parts saws and such? man some think they have million dollar old saws and want that for them!! basket case poulans 25da for $20-50!!mcculloghs are not cheap either!! fund a few good buys for what i was liiking for but some people think they are gold plated parts for them or parts saws!!

sorry for the rant, but man out or touch with reality!!!

If the price is too high, don't worry about it, some one else will buy it.

That being the case, you want the seller to sell it to you for $10?

On some of those Poulans, with many parts NLA, someone would get much more by parting it out in an e-bay store.

I had a rude message from a guy on e-bay once, complaining that my price was too high, he asked if I was greedy or stupid. I looked at his
sales, he had just sold a Homelite xl12 for $30, I pointed that out to him, and asked which one of us was stupid, hell the bar/chain could have sold for $30....

"It's worth whatever somebody will pay for it"....seems to be the popular theme there. It's an old story, when I want to buy it, the price is way too high, when I'm trying to sell it, the price I get is way too low. It works on vehicles, I know that for a fact.......;)

If you dont like the price. Dont buy it. All sellers want to get the most for their items. Most buyers wish to get it as cheap as possible. You generally end up in the middle. I was selling a saw on craigslist and a guy really lowballed me. His idea of a good price was to be able to use it for 3 years and then sell it for a profit. I sold the saw to the next buyer.

i know i found a bad deal a while back,, a dang near new 372xp for 250.00 shipped,,, i knew he was asking to much with a buy now of 225.00 but i just had to have that saw,, i wanted so bad that i hit the buy now and got it,,, stupid azz me for spending that much on that saw :bang::bang:

:msp_biggrin::msp_biggrin::msp_biggrin::msp_biggrin:

"It's worth whatever somebody will pay for it"....seems to be the popular theme there. It's an old story, when I want to buy it, the price is way too high, when I'm trying to sell it, the price I get is way too low. It works on vehicles, I know that for a fact.......;)

Ebay is not the best place in the world to look for a parts saw, especially a more common one like a Poulan or a Mac. Ebay sellers have to price their stuff a little high to make up for all the fees they have to pay. People don't realize that to sell chainsaws there you have to add about 20% just to break even. Beside the Final Value fee, Ebay has a shipping fee now. If you pay by PayPal they have a fairly large fee for the seller also. On my last sale PayPal alone charged me over $6 just to put the money into my account!
My suggestion if you want a parts saw cheap go to your local small engine shop or put a wanted ad on Craigslist or take in a flea market or a yard sale or two.

Yeah I know. I picked up and 046 for $75 on ebay. I should have asked if he would have taken $50 for it. The deals are out there you just need to search.

How and when you list your item has much to do about how much you'll get from your item. Sometimes if your expectations are low you'll get pleasantly surprised.

There's not much in this world that I "need"

Having said that, when I'm on my personal home shopping site "?-bay", if I think the price is outragous, I "watch" it.

If nobody buys it, it's normally relisted @ make offer (or lower starting price) - I look, maybe I'll bid.

When I bid, it's the max I'll pay from the getgo. - If I win, I get an e-mail.

I notice shipping, but that's usually not a dealbreaker.

luck,greg

Latest posts

Back