Echo 341T problems

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zachary

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Okay I bought a 341T off a guy on craigslist he said he only had it 11 months and he couldn't get it to idle right and he wanted to get a stihl. He got it started and ran it a little so I decided I'd risk it and brought it home. I messed with it some and then took the muffler and spark plug out and the end of the piston is covered with gray gunk almost the consistency of creasote and I can see oily residue on the cylinder wall. I got it to run pretty good for a minute or less and then when it gets hot it dies and it won't run more than about 10 seconds after that. If you take the spark plug out it is covered with that gray gunk and soaked with gas. I almost wonder if he fried it or something. I'm becoming fairly sure it's more than a carb adjustment issue but what do you guys think? I didn't pay much for it so if it's junk I'm not out that much.

Just a thought but try this

Drain the mix out of the bar oil tank
Drain the bar oil from the mix tank
Flush out the fuel system thoroughly and replace the spark plug
Fill the tanks with the correct fluids

The gas and oil tanks are reversed on the 341. The bar oil is in the rear and the fuel tank is in the front unlike most saws. The guy probably put bar oil in the fuel tank and got it all gummed up, hence the oily goo.

I wish that was the case believe it or not I already checked to make sure he didn't do that. It's not that way now at least maybe he did that at one time though.

Back