Echo 360T Carb Issues

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hydestone

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Hi all

I tried to rebuild my carb and can’t get it running. Any idea where I can find a new carb or an oem rebuild kit?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Before replacing the carburetor replace the fuel pipe, fuel line, rubber gas tank grommet and filter. The fuel pipe goes thru the plastic partition that the carb mounts to and a little bit of a PITA to get pulled thru it. The carb inlet "spears" into the grommet and they can start sucking air around it when it rots out or it can split where it goes thr the plastic partition and has the "connector" pushed into it.

They must have had some issue with those saws because you will see several different set-ups and some part numbers superseded when you are looking at the IPL's

I replaced the fuel pipe twice on mine, pretty easy fix once you get your feet wet once with it. Just as a precaution I kitted the carb both times while it was off but neither time were any of the parts inside suspect or obviously defective.

I also had another issues related to fuel where the filter ended up at the top of the tank instead of the bottom and would only run a minute or two after fuel it up before it started having issues. Not exactly sure how that even happened but it was a pretty easy fix, just reached in with a stiff piece of wire with a "U" on the end and pulled it down so it went to the bottom of the tank.

I recently replaced my CS-360T with a CS-355T and never looked back..........Cliff

I took apart the carb already and don’t think I put it back together properly. At this point, I think I’ll suck it up and just swap out the carb.

Any idea where I can find the serial number?

Guys - am I missing a tube off the bottom of the carb? Also, I noticed a short little orange piece of plastic floating around behind the air filter.
3ea7911cea3c80321e3c2ec4aa30287e.jpg

The serial number is a sticker on the top of the main case left side just inboard of the starter cover, from what I can remember.

Nothing goes on the fitting on the bottom of the carb as the impulse is internal coming in from the intake on those saws.

That piece of orange plastic isn't a limiter cap is it? I can't think of anything else in that area it could be......

Good call Cliff, your right. It’s a limiter cap.

This look like a serial number??
ca7b6581e7c1e6fc0204283b99aa658b.jpg

Sorry for the barrage of reply’s to myself.

This chainsaw has never run really well since I owned it. Always seems to run rich and would bog down when I hit the throttle before running full speed. After 10-15 minutes of usage, it would start working well. I don’t use it that often, more for cutting branches and small limbs after dropping a tree.

Running lean, not rich. The hotter it gets the better it works when it's not getting enough fuel.
That particular saw can be difficult to set when it comes to the "H" speed screw. It has a "pesky" rev limiting coil that just comes in too early........

Part of your repairs should also be changing the fuel pipe, fuel tank grommet, fuel line and fuel filter. Super easy on those and less than $15 in parts. I've seen a good many of those fuel pipes leaking where the carb "barbs" into them and split where the metal connector hooks them to the fuel line to ALWAYS replace them when I get one in here for repairs. The impulse line is also part of that deal and easy to replace while you are right there pulling the fuel pile thru the plastic partition under the carb.

To date I've never had to replace a carb on one of those and most didn't need kitted anyhow, it was just sucking air instead of fuel.......FWIW.......

OK, instead of replacing the carb. I'm going to take one more pass at using the rebuild kit correctly.

Cliff - Do the items below look correct for what you describe above?

part_p_502345_2930895028.jpg
Echo Fuel Filter - A369000480
In stock
25+ available

$4.46
$4.46​
part_V470000690.jpg
Shindaiwa Pipe 3X6X100 - V470000691
In stock
6 available

$3.99
$3.99​