echo 4400 saw chain???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnb

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Hey does anyone know what chain options I can run on my Echo 4400?? It runs a 18" chain .325 I believe it is a 33?? What els can I run with the stock bar set up? I mostly cut firewood with the echo. thanks the Hoosier

My brothers cs4400 came with a 16 inch bar I believe the chain is a 3/8 pitch. .50 guage.. I find his saw to be under powered (bogs with the bar buried) compared to my 55 Rancher (bigger saw). Its probably due to the 3/8 pitch chain on his saw.. If you bury the bar a lot cutting your firewood I would probably leave the saw the way it is.. If you want to switch to a 3/8 pitch chain I would change to a 16" bar (just my opinion I like to have lots of power)..

From the Oregon Chain website, they only have one chain for the stock Echo bar. You can go to a thin kerf chain if you get the thin kerf bar. My CS-4400 came with the 18" bar and chain also. I bought a 20" bar and chain for some larger cutting I did, and just today bought a 16" Oregon bar and chain combo for general use. The Combo was only about $9 more than just an 18" bar (when I bought the 20" combo I was pleasantly surprised to find that it was also quite reasonable).

Here is the Oregon replacement chain for the stock 18" bar:

ECHO CS-4400 18" .325" .050
Most Oregon bars and replaceable sprocket-nose kits DO NOT accept the Guard Mate tip guards supplied as original equipment on Echo chainsaws. When used without tip guards, there is an increased risk of kickback that could result in serious injury to the saw operator or bystanders. When replacing bars or sprocket noses on Echo saws, Oregon recommends that bars and noses with Guard Mate holes be used and that the bar-nose-tip guard be reinstalled. Echo saws without bar-nose-tip guards should be used only by those with experience and specialized training for dealing with kickback.
.325 pitch Micro-Lite bar and chain MUST be used together

33SL072G PRO-GUARD™ (33/34/35SL) 72 .325" .050 7

Sorry I mean other types of .325

Thanks for the info, I should have said other .325 chains. I have a 55 as well and it just blows the echo away. but the echo is very impressive for its size it rips that little .325 around and will pull the 18" bar without a problem. Don't lean on the dogs though or she will stop. After limbing out a downed tree with both saws I perfer the echo. blocking it out well thats another story. thanks The Hoosier

OREGON 20LP 072G 3/16" file .325" .050" round ground chisel

BTW Oregon will soon discontinue 33,34,35,LG

SCOTT

cuttinscott said:
OREGON 20LP 072G 3/16" file .325" .050" round ground chisel

BTW Oregon will soon discontinue 33,34,35,LG

SCOTT
why...that is some dang good chain!! 20-21-22LP will work too, good stuff, but the suiper guard is faster :cool:

johnb
I didnt mean to sound as if I was knocking the cs 4400 in any way.. It is a great saw tough as nails my brother has dropped a couple of trees on his without damage. The Echo seems to rev faster than the 55 (its lighter too) easier for limbing...

Back