Echo 610 EVL

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buck1278

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
What would be a decent price on an 610 evl? I might be able to get my hands on one, supposed to be a runner. How collectable are they?

I would love to grab one for 250 bucks but i never see them that cheap. Parts arent easy to find either because those that have them are hanging onto them. They were more common in Europe and down under....Bob

A running 610 is probably a $200+ machine. If it looks nice, that price could triple or more depending on who knows about it. It is very easy to tell if it has seen much use. If the floor-plate of the rear handle is broken off then it had seen some use. Those are broken on almost all of the 610s out there.

Via Samsung Galaxy S3

There is one on Ebay right now. Being sold as a parts saw, over $100 now so that gives you an idea of worth to some degree.

What would be a decent price on an 610 evl? I might be able to get my hands on one, supposed to be a runner. How collectable are they?

If you're referring to Craig's List ad, please be aware that there are members here who will quickly find the ad and try to buy the saw behind your back. They'll offer more than the asking price and more than the actual shipping cost. Some consider all CL ads fair game, even when they know another AS member is trying to purchase the item(s). Yes, it does happen :msp_thumbdn:.

My great condition 610 is in Mastermind's hands as we speak. I paid $300 for the saw. I can't wait for that thread for sure. I am going in for knee replacement surgery tomorrow so that thread will be entertaining for sure.

My great condition 610 is in Mastermind's hands as we speak. I paid $300 for the saw. I can't wait for that thread for sure. I am going in for knee replacement surgery tomorrow so that thread will be entertaining for sure.

Best wishes on the surgery...get someone to post up when you get out of surgery...oh yeah, a ported 610 should a nomination for the thread of the year.

Last edited:
If you're referring to Craig's List ad, please be aware that there are members here who will quickly find the ad and try to buy the saw behind your back. They'll offer more than the asking price and more than the actual shipping cost. Some consider all CL ads fair game, even when they know another AS member is trying to purchase the item(s). Yes, it does happen :msp_thumbdn:.

It's my cousin's neighbor that has the saw. He said the guy is an older fella and was looking to get a lighter saw for cutting firewood. He also said the guy has a 372 he wants to get rid of, but my cousin is more interseted in the husky.

I can't complain about mine. I cut firewood with it for 5 years. It was a little on the heavy side, but very reliable. I only sold it because I discovered it was worth something to as a collector's piece and I wanted a new saw.

It's my cousin's neighbor that has the saw. He said the guy is an older fella and was looking to get a lighter saw for cutting firewood. He also said the guy has a 372 he wants to get rid of, but my cousin is more interseted in the husky.

A private sale, eh? :msp_thumbup:.

Good luck obtaining the 610, hopefully you & the seller will agree on a price that leaves both of feeling good about the deal. Keep in mind feePay prices are usually inflated compared to local prices, but OTOH the Echo 610 EVL isn't a common saw. Be sure to post how the deal works out!

I bought my Twin from a farmer about an hour from me who listed it on CL. He had no idea what it was worth on the open market and just wanted it sold; got a 390XP handed down to him from his dad that he said was lighter and stronger.

Yah, there's a bit of difficulty getting some of the parts. Air filters and AV buffers come to mind the fastest. Many of the rest of the components are shared with other Echo saws, so they should be around on the interwebs.

I would love to grab one for 250 bucks but i never see them that cheap. Parts arent easy to find either because those that have them are hanging onto them. They were more common in Europe and down under....Bob

Hello,

Have a few Echo twins, 4 610 EVL and 2 of the 600 EVL model. All with chainbrake. Do not know if there are more of them in Europe. I was a bit lucky in the Netherlands but i know that German collectors are desperately searching. Heard of Germans buying in Holland, Switzerland and the States.
For me the States are the main parts source, in Holland there are almost no parts available.

I have parts but would like to swap instead of selling. Still looking for a good right crankcase-half to repair one of my 610 but there seems to be nothing available at the moment.

DSCF2760.jpg

Long ago, when i had only 5.

DSCF2249.jpg

A few 600 EVL parts i recently found (in Holland)

Greetings Jos.

Hello,

Have a few Echo twins, 4 610 EVL and 2 of the 600 EVL model. All with chainbrake. Do not know if there are more of them in Europe. I was a bit lucky in the Netherlands but i know that German collectors are desperately searching. Heard of Germans buying in Holland, Switzerland and the States.
For me the States are the main parts source, in Holland there are almost no parts available.

I have parts but would like to swap instead of selling. Still looking for a good right crankcase-half to repair one of my 610 but there seems to be nothing available at the moment.

DSCF2760.jpg

Long ago, when i had only 5.

DSCF2249.jpg

A few 600 EVL parts i recently found (in Holland)

Greetings Jos.

Nice collection of 610s :msp_thumbup:! Rep given.

Is the 600 a twin? Is it a predecessor to the 610? Acres doesn't have any info on it and CCF is down.

The CST 600 EVL is also a twin. Do not know exactly but is seems an earlyer model. There are a few diffences to the 610. The 600 has different pistons, the front cylinder cover is closed, the handprotector on the bottom plate is rounded in stead of more square shaped.

101_1864.jpg

101_1884.jpg

Closed front with air outlet.

101_1889.jpg

Until i found an original chain cover i used a modified one of a CS 550 EVL, made by the former owner. Worked well.
Look at the rounded hand protection at the bottom plate.
Not the right bar on that saw, on an Echo belongs a Tsumura.

In Japan there were also two different Echo twin models with other numbers, i mean it were the 601 and the 611. No idea what the politics are behind these numbers.

Greetings Jos

I was at a saw shop up the road to pick up some carb kits for a couple poulans and he had a 610 on the floor! It was real beat up, scrathed and missing the clutch cover, but he said it runs. Turns out it was his personal saw, and he didn't want to part with it. Figured I'd ask since I don't see these things every day.

Latest posts

Back