Echo Air Filter

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kenskip1

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
OK. My Echo CS 590 is a great saw and is just under 2 years old. However it has one flaw. The air filter allows unfiltered air to enter the inside of the air box. I coated the inside with grease and this showed me that the stock filtration could be improved. Yes my chain is sharp however small particles of dust and associated debris still found there way inside the filter housing. Any suggestions? Thanks, Ken

OK. My Echo CS 590 is a great saw and is just under 2 years old. However it has one flaw. The air filter allows unfiltered air to enter the inside of the air box. I coated the inside with grease and this showed me that the stock filtration could be improved. Yes my chain is sharp however small particles of dust and associated debris still found there way inside the filter housing. Any suggestions? Thanks, Ken
Hit up the Ace hardware and get you a o ring to put inside the filter opening to marry up with housing. works beautifully.

Well I tried this O ring however saw dust and particles continue to get into the carburetor. Not a prescription20211122_101050[1].jpg for long engine life. And yes I do have a O ring on the inside of the filter. Any suggestions? Thanks, Ken

Paul, Thanks for the filter information. However I have several arrows left in my quiver. I used a piece of cork behind the filer also used the O rings for the outside of the filter and the inside.20211122_115204[1].jpg Hopefully this will stop the dust and debris from making an unauthorized entrance.

Paul, Thanks for the filter information. However I have several arrows left in my quiver. I used a piece of cork behind the filer also used the O rings for the outside of the filter and the inside.View attachment 943286 Hopefully this will stop the dust and debris from making an unauthorized entrance.
Howd that do for yah. Looks nice. I'm waiting for that redbeards system to come back in stock and I'm buying one.

Howd that do for yah. Looks nice. I'm waiting for that redbeards system to come back in stock and I'm buying one.
Simply took a piece of cork, cut around the openings then set it in place. I have a O ring inside the air filter and one outside the housing of the carburetor. I'm not about to spend $50 for a filter when I am able to make something for close to nothing.

Simply took a piece of cork, cut around the openings then set it in place. I have a O ring inside the air filter and one outside the housing of the carburetor. I'm not about to spend $50 for a filter when I am able to make something for close to nothing.
Yea but it pays for itself with a washable filter. The paper echo ones are ridiculously expensive. Plus its nice to be able to toss the little guys a bone for a better performing product that adds power and fixes what the engineers that built couldn't fix or didn't give a **** enough to. I'd be one thing if it were something small but something like keeping the air coming into my $400 saws engine clean ill happily spend the 50. I am going to use your trick until it gets here though. You should go work for echo.

Yea but it pays for itself with a washable filter. The paper echo ones are ridiculously expensive. Plus its nice to be able to toss the little guys a bone for a better performing product that adds power and fixes what the engineers that built couldn't fix or didn't give a **** enough to. I'd be one thing if it were something small but something like keeping the air coming into my $400 saws engine clean ill happily spend the 50. I am going to use your trick until it gets here though. You should go work for echo.
Your statement makes a lot of scents. However with a bit of compressed air my filter will be good for another unspecified length of time. The filter itself is efficient however the filter to the housing is what needs a bit of attention.

Back