Echo CS 590

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kenskip1

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Well, here is my question. My 590 is about 7 months old and is in perfect running condition. It's pulls a 20 bar through oak easily. However ,,, I was wondering if putting a carburetor from the Echo 620 could give my saw a bit more muscle. Also. if I decide to pull this stunt will this be a direct bolt on job? What about the air filter? Will the stock one work? Any information wood be helpful. Ken

The muffler mod has been completed. It had a flow restriction section that was easily relocated. It was basically hollowed out from the get go. The limiter caps have been strategically reengineered to a more useful purpose. Thanks,Ken

Did a muffler mod and removed the limiters to tune it in 0n a guys saw the other day and it is a real improvement anymore than that I would agree get a bigger saw, they also have a rev limited coil on them so when tuning them in your spark plug color, when saw cools down, will tell the true story so that confusing the limited coil with true 4 stroking....imo.

Did a muffler mod and removed the limiters to tune it in 0n a guys saw the other day and it is a real improvement anymore than that I would agree get a bigger saw, they also have a rev limited coil on them so when tuning them in your spark plug color, when saw cools down, will tell the true story so that confusing the limited coil with true 4 stroking....imo.
Gord, Was there a substantial increase or just barely noticeable? Before I take the plunge I would like to be informed. Ken

I don't think you will see much of a gain with the 620 carb, it's just a little bigger. I just ported my 600p, I think it has the same carb as the 590, and it does fine on that saw, I did close off the fixed jet with JB weld to make it fully adjustable, you can also replace the jet with one out of a 199. Learned that from @Red97 , he would know better than me.

Attachments

• thumbnail_KIMG2083.jpg
    thumbnail_KIMG2083.jpg
    202.1 KB · Views: 9
Here's the jet in case you want to do it but don't want to use JB Weld,

Attachments

• thumbnail_KIMG2112.jpg
    thumbnail_KIMG2112.jpg
    140.4 KB · Views: 11
Back