Echo timberwolf cs-590 fuel leaks out of compression switch

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BTW, if this is a new saw why isn't this a warranty issue?
With Echo, it don't matter if the saw is second hand or third hand, Echo warrants their saws via serial numbers, not sale receipts. The consumer warranty applies no matter what. The only exception to that is if the saw is used commercially and then it's one year.

I happen to work for an echo dealer part time, I deliver his Kubota tractors (he's a Kubota dealer and mine as well). I don't believe I'll ever get ahead on pay as Kubota parts (like JD parts are expensive even though I get employees discount). A set of 2 hydraulic filters (my units take a pair) as well as a new fuel filter and an outer air cleaner filter and the intermediate bowl filter set me back almost 250 clams and that is a yearly thing not including lubricants. Each of my Kubota large frame ag tractors hold 15 gallons of hydraulic and gear case oil plus 10 quarts of motor oil and another almost a gallon of gear oil in the front drive units. Always an expensive date, glad it's a business write off. Being a farmer I write off everything possible at tax time.

I see all sorts of issues with the saws, but mostly from straight gassing them or improper mix or using e-gas in them and letting it sit in the fuel tanks and it phase separates and gums up the carbs. Echo won't replace a straight gassed saw and we have to first thing dump the fuel in a bottle and have a look see. They are pretty lenient about warranty stuff but stupid owners do stupid stuff.

My saws all run on canned Red Armor 50-1 fuel and when we send out any repaired saw to the customer, the tank is filled with 50-1 Red Armor and quality bar oil as well. What transpires after that isn't our issue.

One thing I would check is the fuel filter / strainer in the fuel tank and make sure it's clean. Easy to get out with a hooked pick tool and easy and cheap to replace as well. We keep a box in stock all the time. Same applies to the bar oil tank and filter. I always taker a small paint brush and clean around the filler caps before removing them. keep it in my back pocket when out cutting wood. No matter how careful you are, without brushing around the filler caps prior to removing them, you will always get some cutting fines in the tanks and the Echo fuel filters are pretty fine mesh.

Highly unlikely! Unburned hydrocarbons are a strict no-no to the clean air authorities i.e. EPA in the U.S. This type of rev limiter disappeared about 2-3 decades ago.
The rev limiter on a CS590 is in the ignition module. Answer is to replace it with the larger displacement saw's module and replace the crankshaft key with a 5 degree offset key, which I did not simply because the saw if peachy the way it is for me at least.

Latest posts

Back