Echo CS-303T worth it?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Charles

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Just started working with a tree guy in my area. Picking it up very quickly (worked with chainsaws as a kid). Loving it so far and about to buy my first chainsaw. I firmly believe in buying what you can afford and working your way up as you earn.

I want to get into climbing and am looking for a decent climbing saw that for now I can use to cut up the stuff the main guy cuts from the trees. I spend too much time waiting for him to get down to hand me the saw.

Found a used Echo CS-303T for $175 I am having a terrible time finding quality reviews on this saw. Plenty of reviews for it's siblings which does me no good. Even Echo's site has a video for it that is actually the CS-355T (which i'd like to get eventually)

I am well versed mechanically and expect that I should be able to fix most problems that i come across (largely with help at first from this and other sites until i get over the initial learning curve)

Can anyone chime in on if this is a good saw or not? I'm gonna go check it out in person at 9am tomorrow.

Mike

Echo 330T's go for around $225 new and $100 used on eBay.

Very good saw. I'm not familiar with the 303 model.

My 330 has cut a lot of wood with no problem for 13 years for me.

the 303 is an older design dead nuts reliable....it probably needed a new rubber gas cap seal unless the tank was cracked.....and all used saws leak a lil oil.....

the 355ts have just dropped in price around 350 bux now...your always better off with a brand new saw.....

I picked up a near new 303 a couple weeks ago. I couldn't find many reviews but the price was right so I went for it. I was disappointed until I opened up the muffler and swapped the chain with a new stihl non safety chain. I'm impressed now, it's stronger and faster than I thought it would be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back