Echo CS-3450: Whats it worth?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Octane

Octane

ArboristSite Operative
My neibor has an Echo CS-3450 that he offered to sell me. He bought it and used it a handful of times, then realized that it was too small for what he needed and bought a couple bigger Stihls.
Anyways, the saw has about 5 hours of run time, starts and runs fine. The only thing wrong with it is that he loaned it out to a buddy of his and his friend dropped a tree on the handle.
He made a new handle for it out of sheetmetal and other than the fact that the throttle lock doesnt work, its fine.
He also told me that those saws were known for leaking from the bar oiler, but that he took of the tube and epoxied it and it no longer leaks.
He is letting me borrow it for a while to see if I like it and I'll have the chance to buy it if I want.
Right now Ive got an older Stihl 021 that is getting a little tired and for some odd reason the chain doesnt stay tight. As you are cutting, the chain will slowly loosen to the point where it will almost fall off of the bar.
Ive always been happy with my 021 in terms of power and bar length and I think this Echo would be plenty of saw for what I need (basically I need a saw for doing light firewood cutting and limbing).
My only question is, how much would this Echo be worth?
He said he bought it cheap because it was returned to The Home Depot because of the bar oiler leak and that he only paid $200 for it and I figure you can take away some value because he broke the handle and made his own, so the throttle lock doesnt work. I was thinking that $75-$100 would be a fair price but I wanted to get the opinions of people who know more about saws that I do.
Thanks!

Last edited:

Latest posts