Echo CS-355T Mod help Carb tuning

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LAtree

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Just purchased a Echo CS355T. I don’t use the saw full time but when I need it you know.
I am use to running bigger Stihl. This is first top handle.

I care more about saw lasting years then it cutting 2 seconds faster. But if I can do an exhaust mod or other changes I would want to do that improve performance without reducing its useful life.

Do you guys recommend an exhaust mod. If so can you explain how to do. What about carb adjustment. What bar and chain have you had best luck with. The first tank of fuel I ran with extra oil and saw was hard to start. Second tank was mixed 50:1 and starting issue seems to be resolved.
Thanks in advance.

Have you found a favorite bar and chain setup.
Not really. I bought a pair of Oregon chains from Home Depot that were the same as the OEM Oregon. So far I don't think they've held up well (stayed sharp). My son-in-law and I cut down over 20 trees on my other daughter's property back in April using my MS362C, 025 and the CS355T. My son-in-law fell in love with the little top handle, and it got a lot of use, but still seemed to dull quicker than the other saws. They're on the same chain they started with, but both had Stihl chains.

The muffler is an empty can. No need for a muffler mod I just pulled the spark arrestor and left the rest alone. I couldn't tell a difference. I'd just leave it stock and run it.

Did you adjust your carb. It appears they have them running lean.

I wouldn't touch anything til it's broke in.

Then maybe a simple muff mode by removing restrictor tube and take a dremel to the plate but I've never owned a top handle.
I do see noticable rpm gains with muff mods on newer EPA restricted saws but remember to retune.

20180228_185502.jpg There are no restrictor tubes. It's an empty box. Really nothing to gain from muffler work. 20180301_085143.jpg I also tried pulling the plate that sits over the carb and didnt see much gain.

Just purchased a Echo CS355T. I don’t use the saw full time but when I need it you know.
I am use to running bigger Stihl. This is first top handle.

I care more about saw lasting years then it cutting 2 seconds faster. But if I can do an exhaust mod or other changes I would want to do that improve performance without reducing its useful life.

Do you guys recommend an exhaust mod. If so can you explain how to do. What about carb adjustment. What bar and chain have you had best luck with. The first tank of fuel I ran with extra oil and saw was hard to start. Second tank was mixed 50:1 and starting issue seems to be resolved.
Thanks in advance.
If you care to give me your phone number---Send in Private Message----I can tell you what I have done with many.

Back