Echo CS-355T starter cord intermittently doesn't have resistance on pull.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sunrise Guy

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Yeah, lots of fun. Almost broke my own jaw, while aloft. I changed out the pawl catcher. Slight improvement, but still having the problem. The pawls look OK. I can rotate the flywheel, counter-clockwise, with resistance, but then it goes resistance-free for about 180 degrees. OK, so the problem is in the crankshaft, right? Is it worth getting into repairing the crankshaft, money-wise and hassle-wise, or should I cough up another four bills to replace this three year-old saw?

I'd try brake cleaner on the paws. Sometimes oils will collect the dust n dirt and cause it to get stiff especially in cool or cold weather. How you liking the 355 besides the starter issue

I've had it for three years. I know it pretty well, but the pawls were a new problem. It's my only climbing saw. It makes me a good income. It's dependable as heck, I just need to clean it on a regular schedule but I'm usually too pooped to mess with it when I roll on home.

I have the 360t and it's been dead on reliable for me. Bit bulky and heavy like a 200t but it's a **** rippin machine and still going strong. I'm thinking of splurging on a 150t stihl for light trim jobs. But the echo is my go to saw

I have the 360t and it's been dead on reliable for me. Bit bulky and heavy like a 200t but it's a **** rippin machine and still going strong. I'm thinking of splurging on a 150t stihl for light trim jobs. But the echo is my go to saw
You should check out the cs-2510/cs2511tes Mike.....I reckon you'd like it.

I've looked at them on the net. But I can't find em in the upper 50 states.

They are for non-EPA markets so may be a trip to Mexico is warranted. ;)
I've had the Shindaiwa version in my hands and it's a truly impressive saw. Too bad Yamabiko just bumped price of both the Echo and Shindaiwa versions by 7.8%.

Thanks! Dirty, indeed. A little clean-up and a touch of lube---Problem Solved!
You should only use "dry lube" on them or else they will attrac and bind new dirt very quickly! I use a teflon spray for the complete starter mechanism incl. the rope.

Back