Echo CS-360T

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Me Too

I'm also interested in "how to" on such a saw. I had Husky 336's and absolutely hated them. Got a cs-341 and it's rear handle brother the cs-340 and love them. I was thinking about getting either the cs-360 or another 341 so I'm interested in any follow up on these saws.

Thanks,

HB

I am looking at buying one of these saws, it's about $200 cheaper than the Stihl, which I would like, but as a residential owner it doesn't make sense.

How do I remove the "caps" frankly I do not know whay you are talking about with regards to limiting caps, but if someone could point me in the right direction I can figure it out.

I'll have to see if I can scare up a muffler for modification as well. I figure I'll do the cap mod and the muffler mod and leave it at that. Should be satisfactory for my use.

Thanks for any help.

Limiter caps are plastic caps put on the carb adjustment screws to keep you from turning them to a more correct from an engineering standpoint setting, thereby running afoul of the political epa regulations. They have to be pulled out with like a screw or something, then the tab limiters trimmed off, the plastic nubbies that hit a stop and "limit" how far you can turn the screws. Hence the name..

Here are the other hundreds of threads on this subject..same basic principle

http://www.google.com/search?q=limiter+caps,+removal+site:arboristsite.com

Same principle applies to most new saws.

Note: if you do this, on your own, presented for academic and amusement purposes only, read up on tuning and kiss any warranty you have goodbye.

Hey guys I've been doing a lot of messing around with the 360t I have 2 that run. And a parts saw. Any how I figured I'd do a bit of testing with the mufflers. I had a hard time getting a good tune with limiter caps in. So I took the cat out of the muffler and it ran a bit better but not to its full potential. So I cut the exit hole a bit bigger and now it can be tuned correctly with the limiter caps in. The saw runs amazing now. All of these new emissions are killing these saws. Well I hope this helps someone.

Latest posts

Back