• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy Echo CS-400

• Thread starter Deleted member 149229
  • Start date
Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

Deleted member 149229

Want to buy an Echo CS-400 with 18" bar. I am NOT a mechanic so must be in pretty good shape. Need this to replace one that Echo refuses to honor the warranty on. Thanks.

If you haven't tried, check local pawn shops. I see a CS-400 in about half the shops I go in down here in ATL, and can usually find ones that look like they've hardly, if ever, been run still in the box for well under $200. Good luck.

Chipper1, see my thread Echo warranty. You won't believe what they pulled.
Can you link it when you get a min.
I'll search for it but got a crazy day.
Sorry to here you had a problem with it.
Surprised your willing to buy another one and continue to support them, you must really like the saw.

i got a cs4200 but not sure if its economical to ship it
Howdy Robin, been a while :hi:.
We can pick them up here for 200 new many times at pawn shops or guys who sell them on craigslist. Used on craigslist the go for around 150. I've seen them on AS for around 125-150.
Hope all is well,
Brett

I'll have to have my wife show me how to link my original thread to you. I'm dumber than a rock with this kind of stuff.

I got it. I just clicked your screen name, and then went to your profile, then selected recent posts.
I didn't see earlier you only had 37 post, which makes it very easy to find.
To link a page you go to the top of the screen and highlight the URL which is where it says arborist site or you will see this link I'm posting
http://www.arboristsite.com/community/threads/echo-warranty-a-joke-need-new-saw.307300/
Hope that helps.
I'll try to read up on it tonight, tell your wife we are working on getting you all trained up :).

She would love to lose the training job.
That's what we're here for ;).
Men training men that missed out on the wood cutting part at least.
I only cut a few loads with my dad when younger, but I hauled a lot to the woodburner in the basement. While hauling it builds character it does nothing for learning how to start, run, tune a saw, or to sharpen a chain, and those are just the beginnings of getting into trouble.
Finishing this one up today and it's a nice one. The lead that broke off is 26-28" and just balancing on the corner of the house :surprised3:. Owner of the house will not be paying for a crane and the heaviest equipment I have is a Kubota L3800 which will only lift about three rounds off the end at a time so it's basically useless on this one except for moving the rounds. I do have a skidding winch on it and we may use the cable and double back from one of the leads that is still standing, but it's all sketchy. Should have it finished up today bar nothing happens unexpected :nofunny:.
20170308_180014.jpg 20170308_175953.jpg

For being retired I don't do bad cutting, I had 15 cords cut and split this year. The tuning is where I need help. That tree job is WAY out of my league! Good luck.

For being retired I don't do bad cutting, I had 15 cords cut and split this year. The tuning is where I need help. That tree job is WAY out of my league! Good luck.
Nice, I'm retired too, but it's just spelled a little different, like real-tired :laugh:.
Talk later, out the door before the neighbor get some crazy idea on the tree.

Want to buy an Echo CS-400 with 18" bar. I am NOT a mechanic so must be in pretty good shape. Need this to replace one that Echo refuses to honor the warranty on. Thanks.

To be cost effective, you have to find someone in your area that can muffler mod and retune a CS-400 for you, or you need to acquire the skills (which believe it or not are not that difficult to acquire). The days of finding brand new in the box CS-400s on Ebay for $200-$215 seem to be over. Prices have definitely been creeping up, and I haven't seen one for @239.99 delivered in some time. These days, if you are lucky, you will probably pay about $250 delivered, but then you still have the modification problem. Like some others have said, maybe you can get a deal from a pawnshop. Here is a thought I am almost choking on. See if you have Husqvarna service center in your area. If you do, then watch for a factory refurbished Husqvarna 440 for about $219.00. You will only have a 30 day warranty, so take the saw to the service center and have them retune it for you. The 440 model only weighs about 9.7 pounds at the powerhead, and cuts pretty good as long as it isn't too lean. It is a Farm and Ranch grade saw, and my only beef with it is that it takes more pull starting effort, which doesn't make it useful for people with bad shoulders or ladies that don't have the strength. When tuned right, they have plenty of power for the homeowner. Normally, I would tell you to just buy saw from a certified Echo dealer, but some of those won't re-tune the saw for you. It would be better if you had a friendly relationship with the dealer. Plus without the muffler mod, you are missing out on a 30 to 40 percent increase in power. I think I would rather run a properly tuned but stock Husqvarna 440 than a stock Echo CS-400 that had been merely re-tuned. Without the muffler mod, the CS-400 just isn't that impressive, but they are quality built, and really last.

there are still some good deals on flea-bay i suspect-

i had excellent luck so far buying 'toasted' echos off flea bay i bought a 450P for about $90 it had a scored piston-- then i bought a 530p for about $100 IIRC same story with it--

then i bought this 'wrecked" cs-620P that just needs some plastic replaced--

to be honest i don't like "having" to knock out catylitic converters much. an older saw with a regular muffler is much more easy to tune up--

there is a guy on flea bay selling a 4600 echo -- seems like he is asking 175 for it-- the thing is the 4600 is sort of a pro saw-- standard mag case and has the reputation of being a strong runner -- like the 450s -- just suggesting now--lol

Got lots of help here and YouTube so my buddy and I are going to muffler mod and retune our Echos. Thanks to everyone except the so called Echo warranty (sucks).

Interested in a echo with a 16 inch bar? Cs400. Only a few cuts on it. Brand new. I think I have the original bar too. Will have to verify. Also have a 034 stihl with 20 inch bar.

Attachments

• 20170303_145749.jpg
    20170303_145749.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 7
  • 20170303_145753.jpg
    20170303_145753.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 9
  • 20170303_145805.jpg
    20170303_145805.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 7
  • 20170303_145815.jpg
    20170303_145815.jpg