Echo CS-490

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a CS 400 I love and carry it on the Bota front loader frame just about every time I use the bota. Only chain saw I will buy any more new

I don't see why the dealer has to fill the tank with fuel in front of you then tune the saw.
My dealer hires people to work in the shop who do the tuneing on chain saws.
Just as long as it is a good dealer they will do it to make sure your not dissiponted in the saw or other piece of equipment he sells from Z turn mowers to string triners.

xIgFDdX.jpg

354a405.jpg

When I am going to go cut fire wood I take 4 to the woods with me.

9Mm1xGh.jpg

:D Al

I have a CS 400 I love and carry it on the Bota front loader frame just about every time I use the bota. Only chain saw I will buy any more new
I don't see why the dealer has to fill the tank with fuel in front of you then tune the saw.
My dealer hires people to work in the shop who do the tuneing on chain saws.
Just as long as it is a good dealer they will do it to make sure your not dissiponted in the saw or other piece of equipment he sells from Z turn mowers to string triners.

I don’t disagree with what you are saying in principle... but I am one of those people that was told by my local dealer that my CS-490 ‘was good to go.’ However when I got home it would not start... Unfortunately it is probably something I will always do in the future, regardless of who the dealer is and what the power product is. Turns out the new saw was tuned so lean it wouldn’t start.

Up until recently I could have seen myself running a new saw too lean and maybe causing some damage. Now I have learned how to tune and have a good tach to check things. So, guess my point is, ‘don’t trust anyone.’ :)

P.S. Gorgeous equipment you have! We should have a party at your house...

I don’t disagree with what you are saying in principle... but I am one of those people that was told by my local dealer that my CS-490 ‘was good to go.’ However when I got home it would not start... Unfortunately it is probably something I will always do in the future, regardless of who the dealer is and what the power product is. Turns out the new saw was tuned so lean it wouldn’t start.

Up until recently I could have seen myself running a new saw too lean and maybe causing some damage. Now I have learned how to tune and have a good tach to check things. So, guess my point is, ‘don’t trust anyone.’ :)

P.S. Gorgeous equipment you have! We should have a party at your house...
A tach is nice for a stock saw. If you have opened the muffler up you might as well leave the tach on the work bench. I bought a cheap poulan off CL and learned to tune in the wood.

I didn't say not to tell the dealer to start and tune the saw I said I see no reason you should have to see/watch them do it. If they are a good dealer in the first place it would be done automaticly.

Ya the way a good out door equipment shop should be ran. If you want to buy a saw and not expect any dealer service after the sale might just as well buy from Box stores AKA Home Deopt, Lowe's, TSC and others.

I Bought my J red at a tractor dealer sold big tractors to farmers and the J red saws. they could not even come up with a 18 inch bar for it i requested at the time of sale. Said they would order one in and a week later swapped the bar and chain out for what I wanted no charge.

I suppose it wouldn't have to be in front of you if it is getting done.
I go to an independent dealer it is him and occasionally a helper he starts and tunes every saw makes sure oil is getting to the bar and all is right with that saw before he sends it out the door.

I am used to a saw being started and tuned checked over before it leaves , you should be ready for gas oil and wood cutting when leaving the dealer with a new saw.

One thing to consider.

A new saw should be tuned a little rich until it's broke in then retuned.....preferably in wood.

Latest posts

Back