Echo CS-510 Chain Saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Daveearl

Reaction score
Good morning,
Just curious I bought a Echo CS-510 chainsaw a few years back and have never used it. The box has been opened but the saw is brand new and has never had oil or gas even put in it. I was thinking about putting it on ebay just not sure what its worth. From what I can see they don't make this model anymore. Any suggestions on a selling price.
Thanks
David

Good morning,
Just curious I bought a Echo CS-510 chainsaw a few years back and have never used it. The box has been opened but the saw is brand new and has never had oil or gas even put in it. I was thinking about putting it on ebay just not sure what its worth. From what I can see they don't make this model anymore. Any suggestions on a selling price.
Thanks
David

you would be better off setting a reserve on this saw since it is not used its still considered new that way if the reserve is not met you do not have to sell it unless the reserve is met just my thoughts on it

calvin

Yep I planned on putting a reserve on it, just not sure how high to set it. To be honest I forgot what I paid for it. I have seen thier newer model the CS-520 for 325.00 new on ebay. Not sure what the differences are.

Here's a suggestion. I would NOT use a Reserve auction. Instead, start the bidding at the lowest price you can live with selling the saw for.

Also take the needed time to promote your item. This means accurate description, good pictures, and a little story to tell potential buyers how the saw is coming up for sale.

Also tell the buyers about payment, shipping, etc, in detail, and that you will stand behind the purchase.

Doing these things will get you MORE money every time.

Here is an example of the info from our latest action, I sold two of these saws and got TOP dollar for them:

Echo CS-301 Chain Saw, arborist, climbing saw

Echo CS-301 top handle chain saw. Excellent condition, original bar and chain, has less than 2 hours running time, apprx 3 tankfuls of fuel. We purchased two of these saws to clear some property when we built our new house. We did most of the clearing with our larger saws, and just trimmed a few limbs and small branches with the top handle saws. This saw starts on 1-2 pulls and runs flawlessly. Small, light weight and powerful, with a commercial grade high torque engine. These saws are among the lightest in the industry, and a favorite among professional tree services. The saw is equipped with a lanyard ring.

The saw will arrive razor sharp and ready to add gas/oil mix, and bar oil and start cutting.

Buyer pays the actual shipping charges, we aren't trying to make $20 to $30 OR MORE with unrealistic shipping rates. We have a UPS commercial account, the saw will ship within 1-2 days of payment in full.

We accept personal checks, money orders or Pay Pal.

We pride ourselves on 100 percent positive feedback, if not satisfied with this item, or it is not exactly as described, simply return it in the same condition as recieved for a full refund. Thanks and good luck bidding!

I hope this helps some. BTW, I have two Echo 510's, they are excellent saws, close to the Husky 55 in power. They are very fuel efficient saws, with excellent power to weight ratios. I don't own any saws that will cut more wood on less fuel!......Cliff

mmm... an echo huh? Good for landfill/erosion control (buried good and deep) also great as underwater reef structure or even fine as an emergency boat anchor (be sure to remove the chain first though, it's likely worth more than the saw) unfortunately not much use for anything else really worthwhile.. :(

Last edited:
Yea Red would buy it if the price was right. So would I for that matter. 510 is a good saw and will cut you some wood, no doubt about it.

Best bet is ebay. Since its new $300 should not be a problem I would think.

v/r

Mike

Echo CS-510 is just the old CS-520. Same saw, different decal.

Solid 50cc class saw, will pull a 20" bar .325".

Price should be just below the cost of a NEW CS-520, as it isnt a current model, but is the same as a current model and is in the box, unused.

Just curious...do you now like Echo, or just dont need it?

Latest posts

Back