Echo CS-520 problem

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bkvanbek

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
After I gassed up the other day, it would not run on wide open throttle. Light tan plug. Changed gas, cleaned fuel filter, vent and air filter, no improvement.

Took carb off, removed top and bottom of carb and used carb cleaner. Worse, won't run unless choke is on.

Help please.

It does not look like the screen is removable, is it? I removed the valve from the other side and sprayed carb cleaner in the opening.

Any other suggestions?

Take a real good look at the fuel line. Make sure that there isn't any cracks in it. If you find any cracks replace it. Look it over real good especially where it enters the tank.

the impulse line is the line that comes from the crank case and pressureizes the diaphram in the carberator the carb should have more than one line on it make shure they are all clean

Depends on if you are reading it right. I took my 520 with 20" bar through a 2 foot long oak log (16" around) mill style...killed it right at the end and the plug was a very light cocoa, not even so much tan...but not white. Tachs to 13,000 with 20" bar, no load.

If I run it on the bench, it tends to be a darker tannish color. I think I need to richen up some..but I pulled my muffler and I swear on all things holy its as clean a piston and cylinder as you will ever see...:rock:

Also depends alot on the fuel and oil and the mixture.

I run 93 octane with no Ethanol, on 50:1 Echo Powerblend only.

Back