Echo CS-550p modding

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi guys. Recently ran over my CS-490 and it is out of commission for the time being (need to get some parts, but it will live). In the meantime I picked up a CS-550p. I know it's not a popular saw due to power:weight ratio, but I actually prefer a heavier saw and I got a great deal on it. That being said...I'd like to mod this saw and get it running very strong. Any options for a big bore kit or aftermarket piston I can throw in there? My mechanic is pretty good at porting so I'm going to have him do that. I'm open to any ideas anyone has.
Currently have a ported MS-441 magnum, ported cs-490, stock cs-355t, and ported cs-341, so I'm really looking to fill the void that I have in the 60cc category.
Thanks!

No big bore kits for that saw. They are kind of an odd ball in the echo line being strato charged.

I have a CS-550EVP. Great saw that I inherited, curious as to what you find out. The only issues I have with it are that the blade tensioning is a little wonky, and the ignition on/off switch isn't fantastic.

The 550p ports up well, weird design with reeds in the transfers tho. Good torquey saw for its size. The only exception I did was for a guy in a pole business, he's running a 24 inch bar on it. He likes his Echos..... I've built him 590 and 620 that he swears by!

I'm curious what mods you did to your 341? I have one awesome saw! Never hear much about them, I know that I wouldn't give mine up eh.

Latest posts

Back