Echo CS-590 Timber Wolf

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mine is bone stock besides pulling the limiters mine has 15 tanks of 40:1 in it so far
im looking for a better bar for it can anyone give me some part numbers for them.

I have a Clean Echo 24" Bar for it if your interested!

Yes sir, the In and EX Ports are the same shape, and the EX port is at the same height, the IN is only a tiny bit lower on the 600.
There are also two generations of 600 saws, each may have different numbers. The only 600 that I degreed stock was a late one. Sure would like to have one of them 620's to take apart and compare!

I have one you can take apart and look at (with your grinder :) ) but seriously let me know your address and ill get it that way...

I have a Clean Echo 24" Bar for it if your interested!
i got a poulan 24'' on mine for the moment it uses the same mount as the poulan 3400 and poulan 306
D176 i think? thank you for the offer though ask jug head if he needs it?

you can buy a the 620PW wrap handle on the echo website.
its costly or maybe find a used unit on fleabay.

i got a poulan 24'' on mine for the moment it uses the same mount as the poulan 3400 and poulan 306
D176 i think? thank you for the offer though ask jug head if he needs it?

I didnt, well I mentioned it in the 2015 620 Thread as a general "Anyone want/need this?" Yes you are correct D176 is 3/8" .050" for Echo large mount.

have you tried some stihl chain on the saw? that is what im using now and it holds a edge 3x longer than the factory chain.

Wow, now that is a generous offer! How does your 620 compare to a 590 or 600?

I would like to see what someone could get out of a ported on. For me, the 620 is like the bad ass older brother of the 590, 600 family. Check out some of the videos on YouTube (in my link) but it is strong... Higher RPM (unlimited coil), larger carb, different porting, the full wrap is sweet and only $30 more then a half wrap. I run the 27" bar on the 620 and 600. The 620 does everything the 600 does but faster and sounds better while doing it.

Saw Troll will tell you otherwise, but for $650 I dont think you could find a stronger saw out of the box (or with a muffler mod). It pulls a full comp chain through green pine and Oak with no issues, burps or complaints. The saw it built stout, yes recoil is plastic but has a mag clutch cover, inboard clutch, easily adj oiler, solid aluminum case halves and handles great. I have guess everyone has those "saws" that put a smile on your face when you use them, my list is pretty short (like Rattlers ported Huskys) but the 620 is one of those saws... great power band and solid all around.

have you tried some stihl chain on the saw? that is what im using now and it holds a edge 3x longer than the factory chain.

I havent, stock chain is LPX, I run LGX, I think it is good, holds and edge a little longer, bigger bites and doesnt strech too much, if I knew someone who made chain near me I wouldn't hesitate to ask though, seem like most people like that Stihl (RS?) chain...

set you're eyes on a ported cs 8oop its a bit bulky but it has a lot of torque and can be fun to use.

Never ran a 800 or seen one ported... You like it?

The best chain I've run on mine (not that I've had it that long) is a woodland pro 30cr full chisle dropped straight though 14" red oak like a hot knife in butter

The best chain I've run on mine (not that I've had it that long) is a woodland pro 30cr full chisle dropped straight though 14" red oak like a hot knife in butter

You have a 590? Stock? Throw some saw info in your signature line, and welcome :)

Latest posts

Back