Echo CS-600P timing numbers versus 590 and 620?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ballisticdoughnut

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hoping someone may have some insight as to the differences between 590, 600, and 620 cylinders. I know the 600 cylinders aren’t available anymore. Reason I’m asking is my 600 has a small defect in the cylinder and I’d like to put a new top end on it. Runs pretty good but knowing it’s there bothers me. Considering the 590 and 620 cylinders are my only two options the obvious choice would be the 620. Having said that I’d like to know what the differences are between the three.

Attachments

• A30A1FCB-014E-4296-8D31-2518D4F52E40.jpeg
    A30A1FCB-014E-4296-8D31-2518D4F52E40.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 0
600P's use different P/C's and coils depending on serial number. Later 600's use the same top end as the 590's. Are you saying that the P/C for your saw is NLA based on the serial number and looking at the IPL's?

You have to be careful in this area with Echo products. I've ran into flywheel changes in production runs on some of their power equipment which show different coils being used and they will NOT swap back and forth due to different flywheels being used.

I've heard the the CS-620P coil can be used as an "upgrade" on the CS-590's, so it should also work on the 600's but there is no guarantee there. If the flywheels are different then it may not.......

Slightly off topic but I have a brand new OEM crankcase with bearings and crank assembly thatbis ready to if you want make a 620 with it!!
I’ve got a early 600 (2010) which has larger crank bearings. The saw runs really good but like I said the cylinder has a small defect which is why I’m wanting to throw a new top end on it.

600P's use different P/C's and coils depending on serial number. Later 600's use the same top end as the 590's. Are you saying that the P/C for your saw is NLA based on the serial number and looking at the IPL's?

You have to be careful in this area with Echo products. I've ran into flywheel changes in production runs on some of their power equipment which show different coils being used and they will NOT swap back and forth due to different flywheels being used.

I've heard the the CS-620P coil can be used as an "upgrade" on the CS-590's, so it should also work on the 600's but there is no guarantee there. If the flywheels are different then it may not.......
My 600 is a early serial number unit, cylinder is no longer available according to IPL. I don’t think I’m gonna be doing any coil swapping but I will most likely be upgrading to the 620 carb.

For a 60cc saw they really behave like a 70cc saw. Lots of low end power and a 24 bar is perfect.
I removed the inner deflector from the exhaust outlet and drilled a 7/16 hole in the flat portion next to the factory outlet, really woke the saw up. A little louder than I’d like to be honest but it works. Also put the 620 clutch cover on it and WCS dogs. It’s a joy to run.

Latest posts

Back