Echo CS-670

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paul Bunyan

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
How do you guys rate this saw........I own one and personally really like it.
It is a darn nice saw, just right in size (kinda in the high middle of the cc range) Big enough to handle the big jobs but small enough to carry around for a while. I like the air cleaner set up and cover.So far it has been a very good all around saw.
Only thing i would change is the grips on the fuel and oil caps.....they always suck tight enough that i cant loosen them by hand.

If you do a search you will find some discussion on that saw. They are one of those saws that, although you can get more power in the same weight package with other brands, they are just a pleasant saw to use. They start well, balance well, handle well, and are quality built. When you are operating on a tight budget, they are an excellent choice, but if you can afford $100-$150 more on a saw, you would like a Husqvarna 372XP, or Dolmar PS7300 even better, and the weights are almost identical. Spending $200-$250 more opens up the door to the Stihl MS440 and Dolmar PS7900 which again weigh in about the same.

TonyM said:
If you do a search you will find some discussion on that saw. They are one of those saws that, although you can get more power in the same weight package with other brands, they are just a pleasant saw to use. They start well, balance well, handle well, and are quality built. When you are operating on a tight budget, they are an excellent choice, but if you can afford $100-$150 more on a saw, you would like a Husqvarna 372XP, or Dolmar PS7300 even better, and the weights are almost identical. Spending $200-$250 more opens up the door to the Stihl MS440 and Dolmar PS7900 which again weigh in about the same.

What he said!!!

Cs670

I recently became sponsored as a chainsaw artist by Echo-USA. I've been running the 670 for a couple of months now and I love the saw. I'd been quite biased before since I used only Stihl products. Compared to the 044's and newer 440's that Stihl sells, I think that the 670 is superior in several ways. Cost (huge), performance, reliability and fuel/oil capacities. Less vibration too. Just my opinion though. You be the judge. Only complaint is that they sputter a bit on a cold start. Seem to be temperamental... See ya.
Bob

I have the 670 and a 372xp. I take the 670 everywhere I need to cut big stuff. I save the 372 for the really big stumps. I run a 20" bar on the 670 and love it for big limbs and it really is a pleasure to use. I would change the start toggle to something bigger and I would make the handlebar easier to bend back after you drop a lot of weight on it! :) Really tough saw! I dropped a grapple loader with a big tree in its grip right on my saw. Bent the heck out of the handlebars but the saw starts and runs just fine though I have a little less finger room! :)

Thanks

Thanks for the welcome. Today is the first time on the forum. Lot's of good reads. Looks like I need some sort of inspirational verbage to accompany at the end of my posts to really be one of the guys... I'll see what I can come up with.
I am sending a CS8000 out tomorrow to be Greffardized. It will be interesting to see how it runs. If it will keep up with a stock 660 I'll be pleased.

I've attached (i think) an image of one of my recent "stump jobs" in West Seattle. Could have been better lighting, but I was in a hurry...

:rolleyes: Be the kind of person your dog thinks you are... :angel:

How's that!
See ya.
Bob

I have had a CS 670 for about a year and really like this saw. A lot of high build quality saw for the price.

chainsawbob1, That is some real nice work thanks for showing us.

It's a great saw. It starts easier, runs smoother and throws oil better than any of the other saws I own.

I will trade my CS8000 for a CS670 anyday the 670 with a 20" bar will out cut my 8000. Paul and I tried it in the same log side by side both have 8 tooth sprockets the cs just has more r's to cut faster :cry:

Chain.... welcome fo the forum, LOVE your carving... how long does it take from start to finish to do a piece like that one? I am sure you prefer certain kinds of wood to others to carve like that, I would be interested in knowing what kind you prefer and what wood if any you stay away from.

thanks
Dave

Thanks for all the comments guys.........like most of you i am pleased with the 670. I just wondered how it ranked in the world of wood cutters. :)

ChainsawBob, WELCOME and thanks for commenting, by the way that carving is excellent!

I too am considering a 670 For the few times I need a big saw it looks like it will fill the bill nicely.

dealers

:blob5: For those of you that may care, along with the sponsorship through Echo USA, they set me up with a dealers license. I have all of their saws in stock except for the 440 and the 8000. If any of you are interested, I live near Tacoma, WA. I can give a pretty competative rate. Shipping would be the only factor. Full warranty applies as well. DHL has great ground shipping rates. I just shipped a 60 lb. carved moose to AZ for $26! See ya.
Bob

The cs670 has been one our best sellers since they lowered the price. Back when it was the cs6700 the saw sold for around $700 not very many sold for that price

I'm at work right now, but later today, I'll get my CS-6700 out of the storage shed, and list exactly what I have for it.

As I mentioned earlier, it's new and has never been started. I have two bars for it, which I think are a 20" and 24". I also have at least two extra factory air filters and a shop manual, and a HD storage case for the saw.

I'm motivated to sell as it's a bit on the big size for my needs. I just want to confirm the bar sizes and all that comes with the saw, before I commit to a price.

I'll be back here later today (3-5) by 5pm AZ. time with the details and a fair price. ;)

Latest posts

Back