Echo CS-670

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnb

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Hi guys, Anyone have any saw time with a Echo cs-670? I have a 4400 and love it but would like a little more power for blocking out 18" firewood. I was hoping to find and Echo fan out there!! thanks the Hoosier!

Listen! I think a tree just fell!:rock:

I have a friend that runs only echos for his homeowner duties. He just bought a 670 this spring to replace a older 701 (I think). He likes it with his 24" b+c and never has a bad word about it. I hooked him up with this place for free shipping and i think no tax, depends on your state (i think). http://www.alamia.com/index.asp?PG=80&ID=965&VSP=0

That saw would be a good choice since you're already a happy Echo user. It is durable and reliable from everything I've heard, and priced competitively, too. While there are lots of other choices out there in that size/power/price class, having both saws be of the same manufacturer cuts down on the number of dealers you have to visit for parts and accessories.

For me,if I was already pleased with my other Echo saws then it would be a no-brainer. So, I'd say go for it - a 20" bar and that powerhead will make a heck of a nice compliment to a 4400 with a 16" bar!

John I have 13 saws I think, My cs670 almost always comes with me. Well balanced, tons of torque. Went out in the woods this morning and cut some cookies. Echo 670 10 seconds Stihl 044 10 seconds Echo Cs440 15 seconds. I have the muffler opened up a little on the 670, the 044 and cs440 are stock minus the muffler screen. Steve

Got a CS-520 and it always cranks right up, and runs out nice. 20" bar, and it never bogs.

I picked up a used cs 510evl from my local stihl dealer was a trade in he said was barely used and it showed clean inside and out it isn't a huge saw and seems to weigh a bit more than the modern saws but it is almost bulletproof. I have i would estimate 12-15 tanks through it and enjoy it immensly.

Back