Echo CS 8000 Couple questions.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pioneer42

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Hey Guys, What do you think 2 echo cs 8000's both with 36 inch bars and a spare chain is worth? Ones got low compression the other is unknown. Both complete. What do you guys think of the saws? They look like a pretty decent saw.

Thanks

just pasted this in the CL sticky a minute ago: pretty nice looking new bar and chain. seems pretty cheap for 80 cc Northern Minneapolis area. kcj

QV 8000 Echo chainsaw - $150 (Roseville/ St Anthony)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: 2012-06-19, 8:30AM CDT
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is a firefighter rescue saw w/ a conventional bar & chain on it 20" bar for smaller stuff, but can handle a four foot bar for huge trees! 80cc
low hours, starts super easy! there is absolutely nothing wrong with this saw; brand new bar & chain/ carb rebuilt by Omega in Minnetonka this spring, <<<

80CCs, but not in the top tier for used prices, so judge accordingly. They should go for 50% less (around that) than a rough equivalent size husky or stihl in the same condition.

I grabbed a qv8000 just for the engine, the rest of it is pretty much smashed. Looking for a donor saw if you get both of them and want to get rid of whichever is the lesser one/bad engine.

I bought a CS8000 rescue saw with vent bar and carbide chain for $200. It was stout, had a rear handle repair but otherwise ran great. One pull start and running, every single time.
For the low psi, or unknown mechanical condition, I would stay $100-$150 a piece if they looked decent and had a good bar and chain. They have a pretty decent resale value. I dont see a ton of parts out there for them though, see if you cant make a good saw, and sell the other as a parts saw to cover the most of your expense.

Hey Guys, What do you think 2 echo cs 8000's both with 36 inch bars and a spare chain is worth? Ones got low compression the other is unknown. Both complete. What do you guys think of the saws? They look like a pretty decent saw. Where are you located Pioneer 42?

Thanks
I got them,we will see what they sell for!Also a pair of Ms250's part saws.I will not have time to check them out, until this weekend.
RR

You beat me to it huh LOL? I was going to grab those ms250s as well.

Thanks for the advice guys.

Latest posts

Back