echo cs-8000 questions

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBA

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Hey guys. Was just taking a peek on my local craigslist for another chainsaw. Found a echo 8000 listed. Like every other ad it says "runs great". Did notice it is one with a gray case and housing. How long have they been making them orange? How do the older ones compare to the ones built today? Saw doesn't look to be beat up. Asking price $250. Sound like a good deal to any of you? I think I need another saw !! LOL

they are not the fastest cutting saw but they do have the grunt with a MM done to them,, 250 isn't a bad price

I have a grey body 8000 that I bought new, has plenty of torque for the occasional big tree.

Echo 8000

I have a grey body 8000 that I bought new, has plenty of torque for the occasional big tree.

Those are decent saws and 250 would be a great deal in the area where i live.A buddy of mine has a 670 echo that has cut about 40 cords with no issues. A few old guys around here have run the old echo/ john deere saws for lots of years with very few problems.

my echo saw is an 09 if that helps at all 250 i would grabb it i wouldnt wait for someone else to

Do you have an 8000?

no he does not. nor a 670, husky 390, etc etc etc. guys a small minded child that has nothing better to do than troll and post useless info he has no idea of.

depending on the age of it. the 8000 can be a very strong runner. if it's one of the older ones, it will have the flat top piston, not too bad porting and will pull a 24" bar/chain all day long like a train.
the newer one will have a domed piston with far better porting and even though the stihl guys don't like to hear it, will out cut their 460. do a proper muffelr mod on it either way, throw on a good chain and you'll be happy with it for that price.
2rxf86t.jpg

here's the old and new piston together for comparison:
n5hekp.jpg

rthth3.jpg

Hey guys. Was just taking a peek on my local craigslist for another chainsaw. Found a echo 8000 listed. Like every other ad it says "runs great". Did notice it is one with a gray case and housing. How long have they been making them orange? How do the older ones compare to the ones built today? Saw doesn't look to be beat up. Asking price $250. Sound like a good deal to any of you? I think I need another saw !! LOL

I would be all over that deal if it runs/ cuts and doesnt look too rough. I bought a QV-8000 rescue saw a while back for $200 and thought I was doing great. I think they are well built saws that dont get a lot of love around here, and dont have the greatest resale. If I needed a bigger saw on a budget I would never pass up a good deal on one.

Guy just returned my call. Now he says it isn't getting spark. Glad I didn't hit the road before hearing back from him.What's a coil gonna set me back?View attachment 284407

if it is the coil (which i doubt) i would still jump on it if you can talk him down to $200-$175. the coil is around 70-80 bux from the dealer, however they are known to be a solid unit with little to no failure. the kill switches do fail.....

HEY 670! trying to pm me won't do you any good! i'll just delete them. we have no use for your type here or anywhere else on this forum. take your b.s. to a teenagers forum where you might fit in. you ar the officialy the first on my 'ignore list':spam:
back on topic:

JBA: if you can ge it for cheaper (if he still wants $250, walk away and wiat for another one) i'm sure you'll find (unless this is one of them rare occurances) it's either just the plug or switch. if thats the real problem, he may just think it isn't firing and it may be a fuel system problem. ask him if it's ok to pull the muffler to have a look at the piston. some people are a little reluctant to do this, but if all looks good it's a good deal at $200. if it is the coil, you stil have a solid saw for less than 3 bills.
for a 20" bar/chain, the saw will pull them nicely with an 8t rim. any bigger you use the 7t.
they will pull a 36" bar/full comp chain very nicely. better than some....;)
ouchh0.jpg

Real good saws. They will pull out to a 36 inch bar *and* oil it real well. Split mag case, adjustable oiler, decent anti vibe.

We use the QV-8000 version for all of saws on our fire dept. Got one on each engine and truck. I like them. They start easy, and with that short little quick vent bar and carbide chain, they cut pretty good. Used one on friday night at a structure fire to make entry through the side of a two story garage with close to a million dollars in collector cars in it. It did the job pefectly. Unfortunately, the fire had a big head start on us and the building and cars was a total loss.

Latest posts

Back