Echo CS510

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Popeye

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I need opinions. Unbiased of course. On the Echo CS510. A friend of mine is thinking about buying one of these saws for cutting firewood and light clearing.
Mike

Opinions, unbiased. Okay, Ive never met you or your friend so I can't be biased when I say- "get a new friend".;) Just kidding. I have no experience with the 510 but I find Echos to generally be excellent.

Depends on where he's buying it and what he's paying.

In nearby town:
Dealer A: $380. Get oil, scabbard, scrench, etc.
Dealer B: $390. Same as above
Home Depot:$379. Get stupid look from store help when you ask if it's hard to set up and use.

Let's be honest; which would you buy from? Might also be useful to know that many Stihl dealers will come close on 026, and Husky and Jonsered dealers may easily beat that price on 353/2152. If you're lucky Solo, Dolmar, and John Deere (EFCO) may have dealers in your area too.

There's nothing wrong with Echo equipment. They have good brand recognition as a quality product. They are well supported by servicing dealers in many places. But you have many options.

Good luck!

Check ebay, there are several sellers offering
NIB Echo CS 510 with high bids around $170.
Be aware that some of these new saws come without
bar and chain, so you have to make an allowance
for that in your bid. Some sellers have high numbers of feedback, mostly positive.

Haven't used a 510, but recently bought a 670 and really like it. seems to be a solid saw.

Latest posts

Back