Echo cs590 rpm question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jwilliams

ArboristSite Operative
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
So I recently just purchased a cs590 brand new in box for 200 bucks, got it home pulled the muffler modded that and pulled the limiters. My question is I just ordered a tach to tune it with but curious as to what my rpms should be at idle and at Wide open throttle? If anyone has any unplug please share thanks again

Check the manual. RPM is often listed there. The muffler mod will let it rev a little faster. Be sure to have the bar and chain on when checking the rpm. I'd make cuts, enough for at least 2 minutes continulously to warm it up from cold, then tune it to about 12,800 starting from a rich mixture.

Once you modify anything, you’ll have to learn to tune by ear. It’s truly the only safe way. A tach can be used a reference point only.

The factory recommended rpm is based upon extensive R&D on a model and the emissions/performance/safety targets they factor in. Any mods changes that equation. It’s not safe to use factory numbers and then guestimate where you should be based upon what you guess your mods will do.

Many videos here on tuning by ear.

Thank you very much for your input I’ll give it a try this wknd
Well what did you find out?

Check the manual. RPM is often listed there. The muffler mod will let it rev a little faster. Be sure to have the bar and chain on when checking the rpm. I'd make cuts, enough for at least 2 minutes continulously to warm it up from cold, then tune it to about 12,800 starting from a rich mixture.
Interesting, how many CS 590's have you tuned?

I rebuilt one that was straight gassed on it's 3rd tank from new, asked to a muffler mod, didn't get carried away the mod but made quite the difference, - anyway did away with the limiters and tuned the HS best I could but with a limited coil it can sometimes fool you on the no load four stoking full rpms that it it's rich enough, something to be aware of on rev limiter coiled saws- was a pleasure to work on that saw, kept the Tec old time simple, easy to work on.

Latest posts

Back