Echo CS600P question.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2robinhood

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
On Echo's website, it says that the CS600P was upgraded in 2012.
Buying a new in the box saw, how can you tell if it is a 2012 or newer model ?
The aluminum handle ?

Yes, look for the aluminum handle. First production of the new saws started in late 2011. Different engine porting as well, it has a much flatter torque band for noticeably better performance.

Yes, look for the aluminum handle. First production of the new saws started in late 2011. Different engine porting as well, it has a much flatter torque band for noticeably better performance.

..but still a very low power rating for a so-called professional 60cc saw? :msp_rolleyes:

Well the unit I purchase on E-bay is not a 2012 model because it has the composite handle.
I am not complaining at all though, I got a brand new in the box CS-600 for $299 @ the door.

My 600p is not low powered. It's a great saw when ported. It would surprise the most ardent Echo detractors if they actually used it.

My 600p is not low powered. It's a great saw when ported. It would surprise the most ardent Echo detractors if they actually used it.

And since the OP is on the CORRECT cost, and sends it to that Funky Monkey down south for a touch of his grinder,
READ send it to Randy/MasterMind for a port job, it'll make his eyes into saucers, and a grin that'll never quit!!

DO IT !!! I did, and glad I did!

..but still a very low power rating for a so-called professional 60cc saw? :msp_rolleyes:

i will have to say you are consistent:tongue2:

Yes, when it comes to Echo chainsaws Niko/Sawtroll consistantly likes to :deadhorse:.

Javelin, you don't post very often. How's your Jonsered collection these days?

Here is my Echo CS600-P 2012 model , I sold off my Stihl MS362 and kept the Echo it's way better IMO , it has the Oregon Power match bar because when it was at the dealer it had a 27'' Echo branded bar mounted and I wanted a 20'' bar so they swapped it out .
003-7.jpg

The 2012 CS-600P has the aluminum handle, a different cylinder, and a different coil. The new parts do retrofit to the older saws if you have a toasted one, but i've only seen that from straight gas. By the way, 4.1 HP on the old version isn't to shabby, 4.3 or 4.4 on the new.

There are very few modern saws sold, any brand, pro design or home renter, that cant benefit from some aftermarket skilled technical tweaking. Even if that is just adjust the H screw to something realistic and open up the can a little better.

The echoes are fine. Their corporate policy as regards dealers may suck, but they make fine saws.

Now, you want to talk simply horrible, rank, disgusting corporate policy, your poster child group simply takes the cake on being prime bungholes. Just LOOK at what Husky did to Poulan.

I like Husky saws just fine, but this doesnt excuse their grotesque policies, because it leads to LESS competition and cartel pricing.

I am 100% against these big international corporations buying up their competition, in most instances.

just came from esp power sports our echo/husky dealer owner just came back from echo seminar and told me they are going to magnesium, also new one coming out 620P! the 600ps' at 4.5 hp. friend bought a550 last week used it out of box this is a very hot saw will only get better as it breaks in. my 600p is still at masterminds awaiting mods!! dealer cant wait to compare!!:blob2:

Latest posts

Back