Echo cs680 boggind.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

michaelcary99

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Have had a cs680 for a few years now. Have noticed over the last year of regular use that the 680 is starting to bog down more when being in a full bar of wood (24") have had it tuned at the beginning of this year didnt help much with this issue, was wondering if i should try a skip chain or maybe clean the carb, any other advice is greatly appreciated.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Have had a cs680 for a few years now. Have noticed over the last year of regular use that the 680 is starting to bog down more when being in a full bar of wood (24") have had it tuned at the beginning of this year didnt help much with this issue, was wondering if i should try a skip chain or maybe clean the carb, any other advice is greatly appreciated.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Pull the muffler and check for scoring on the piston or carbon build up in the exhaust port. Cleaning the carb would not hurt. Also check your fuel filter and hoses.

The 2 simplest things to check are to clean the screens inside your carb, and to burn the carbon build up off your spark arrestor screen. I've had the problems you describe a few times on a few gas tools. The spark arrestor screen is usually the easiest thing to check.

Latest posts

Back