echo CST-61OEVL twin cylinder

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

superman_36

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Has anyone ever run a echo CST-61OEVL twin cylinder saw and what was it like
and what is it worth in brand new condition
just wondering

How about the rotary engined models? Not sure who manufactured it, but I would like to run one just to say I did... :blob5:

I saw Larry run an almost new one yesterday. What a sweet running saw. He said it had good torque. I bet that new one will go for 5 bills+....Bob

Stumper,

That is exactly what I have been told. In my youth I hopped up a Mazda rotary car - headers, ported and Holley four barrel - that little car would kick ass. I would love to try a rotart chain saw!

Take an RX7 engine and rig up a bar and chain on it, you;ll have a WICKED race saw. then alter the intake and exhaust port timeing some, I'm told by someone that it is possible to crank it up to around 20K revs.

Bob Wright said:
I saw Larry run an almost new one yesterday. What a sweet running saw. He said it had good torque. I bet that new one will go for 5 bills+....Bob

It will be over $500

Bill

Echo Twin

I ran the saw, Bob has spoken of, many times this weekend at an Old Engine Show. It ran very well and is so smooth it is unbelievable. Much smoother than a modern AV saw in the same size category.

I may be a little bias as all the other saws that I ran were non AV saws with minimum .404 chisel chain. The 090 cut as hard as I could push through a 30"+ log, but it rattled my teeth. The 7 Mall, with scratcher chain also shook pretty good. The second smoothest saw was a Disston DA211 with 6' bar and new 9/16 semi-chisel chain.

As for parts, I believe one could be built from the parts source that I used for a new ignition and bottom plate.

Later, Larry P.S. The Homey 750 Hot Saw was pretty smooth.

Well I need to eat my words. I said it would go over $500 and it ended at $471. I was wrong. Then again I did forget to bid again at the end.

Bill

Back