Echo releasing an electronic carb saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It was announced back in April: apparently closer to Stihl's M-Tronic than to Husqvarna's Autotune as far as operations go, but that was about it. Since then no more news, not even pricing and delivery dates.
Local Echo and Shindaiwa dealerships said there may be more news in the next couple of weeks but that's about all I know.

Now I am waiting for the inevitable howls and gnashing of teeth on how even Echo is giving in to the Great Satan called progress. :popcorn2:

Someone could make a mint selling re-fit kits for these things - conventional carb with whatever adapter plate may be necessary to make it fit the target saw. Include a new air box cover with holes for the adjustment screws and perhaps a new air filter.

EPA BS ,if only Trump was elected 6 years ago

Strato was due to the epa, electronic carbs are to keep the average user from blowing up their saws. Carb limiters didn’t stop enough of them and you don’t have to take a Saw to get tuned. Tuning is a chore and I’m glad I don’t have to worry about it anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Innovation is something that occurs at a glacially slow pace in the saw industry and sadly its taken government emissions regulations to get to 1980s carburetor tech.

Latest posts

Back