Echo releasing an electronic carb saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really don't think so. Weight is one of the major concerns with saws, and they have gotten lighter. Look up the weight of a car today compared to one in 1980. They have pretty much gained 1000 to 1500lbs. So sure you can have wifi, heated seats, injection and the works, but they are heavier and not as durable.
Nothing is free.

I understand your point, but dunno how fair that really is, though. Cars in 1980 are a result of both the 1973 and 1979 oil crisis. Crude was less in 2016 than it was in 1980- 46$/bbl vs 49$bbl - and that's without taking inflation into consideration. Japanese cars were busy supplanting US cars during that time. Even the Yugo and Le Car (uh Renault?)showed up in the market. The US is another oil crisis away from having Japanese cars take over again.

I recently bought an Echo CS390ESX AKA Shindaiwa cs390 because it had no elecronics. My 241CM has been having carb issues since I got it. It is now asking for it's 3rd carb. They cost €120 here in Ireland. I bought an Echo instead.

Epa has effected ***, cars, trucks, heavy equipment, anything that burns fuel...

Except trains, ships, and planes.

Whether true or not, I read that trains, ships, and planes burn more than half of the worlds fuel. More than all the other stuff combined. And they are basically unregulated wrt emissions.

Watch a few engines pulling a long string of cars up a long hill if you want to see smoke!
https://www.statista.com/statistics/307194/top-oil-consuming-sectors-worldwide/

Latest posts

Back