Echo Saws, are they Dependable

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm going back to the original question, I didn't feel like reading 9 pages and the subject may have wandered a bit. I have about a dozen Echo's. A couple that my Dad bought new in the 70's for his tree business, that still run. So, I say they are very reliable. I have 3 285's that all run, except one that fires, but the fuel line cracked, so it just fires on prime, they are reliable. 5-6 300 series, several from the 90's and early 2000's, when I was still climbing that were my personal climbing saws. I think I have 2 top handles, I don't like top handles, you can reach out farther with a rear handle, but they all run, one leaks oil real bad. I have a 550 EVL, 602VL, 650EVL, guess what, they all run. Are you getting my drift? Some of these date to the late 70's and were bought for commercial use, so I think as a brand they are pretty reliable. I have two 750's that the electronic module is gone, and they are no longer available. I'd say there is no question those modules were not reliable. I'd love to run that 750.

As much as I like Echo's, I've only bought one brand new, the little climbing saw. The others came from Dad's business, friends that owned tree companies, or guys that worked for tree companies. I have over 70 saws and the last three new saws I've bought have been Stihls. The oldest is an MS 290 that is slightly modified and runs way above it's pay level, then an MS660 for milling, and last is a little MS 170, because it was on sale for $159.

I'm 66 and don't need any new saws. Echo lists the 7310 as their most powerful chainsaw made. Make sure you read the whole sentence, in the US. If I could find a 1201 at 116 CC's, I'd probably buy it.

Latest posts

Back