Echo saws for logging

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The best price you'll ever get on a CS-590 is going to be on Ebay. I've bought 3 of them now for under $325 delivered to the door! Even got a KILLER deal on a 600P and 620PW as well.

What you'll find with Echo is that all of their equipment is very well made, so no worries with problems in long term service. With that said, some of it is excellent far as power to weight, others just OK, and some of it pretty under powered.

I've went thru just about the entire line-up at this point, and my personal favorites for power to weight are the CS-510/520's and the CS-590/600P/620PW's. The CS-370/400's are also nice for the price point, but not for power to weight. The little 370/400's are built like tanks and you'll not wear one out very easily, even using it frequently and putting a lot of hours on them.

As good as reviews as the 670/680's and 800/8000's get I found them to be a bit under powered for the cc's, and the 800 didn't have the automotive type air filter and you had to pry out a rubber plug to make carb adjustments. They also oiled the chain all the time instead of clutch driven. When I say "under powered" they don't lack "grunt" or mid-range power, they just aren't on par with any of my Husqvarna saws in the same cc range and I never found myself reaching for them when putting saws in the truck for a day in the woods cutting firewood. They did seem to be very well built like most Echo stuff and would be fine in a commercial application.....IMHO......Cliff

I can get 20% off any new echo,equipment that's why I am thinking on buying echo

I don't know about pricing in the US, but here 15% is more or less the norm for single items at Echo. 20% off a large (ish) order is not rare: J'red can easily best that and even Stihl can top that.
Again, if you know the dealer well and know he (or she) will go out a limb for you even for a five bucks part, price takes second seat to service, and service is critical.
But if you know nothing of the dealership your best bet may be to shop around and have as many quotes written down as possible. Ask how long it takes to have parts and how much they are giving you off them. Have a peek in the workshop and see how it looks: if it looks old, crowded and has piles of chainsaws, brushcutters, blowers etc near the door, each with a neat tag tied to it bearing repair description and price, that may be the dealership for you.

The best price you'll ever get on a CS-590 is going to be on Ebay. I've bought 3 of them now for under $325 delivered to the door! Even got a KILLER deal on a 600P and 620PW as well.

What you'll find with Echo is that all of their equipment is very well made, so no worries with problems in long term service. With that said, some of it is excellent far as power to weight, others just OK, and some of it pretty under powered.

I've went thru just about the entire line-up at this point, and my personal favorites for power to weight are the CS-510/520's and the CS-590/600P/620PW's. The CS-370/400's are also nice for the price point, but not for power to weight. The little 370/400's are built like tanks and you'll not wear one out very easily, even using it frequently and putting a lot of hours on them.

As good as reviews as the 670/680's and 800/8000's get I found them to be a bit under powered for the cc's, and the 800 didn't have the automotive type air filter and you had to pry out a rubber plug to make carb adjustments. They also oiled the chain all the time instead of clutch driven. When I say "under powered" they don't lack "grunt" or mid-range power, they just aren't on par with any of my Husqvarna saws in the same cc range and I never found myself reaching for them when putting saws in the truck for a day in the woods cutting firewood. They did seem to be very well built like most Echo stuff and would be fine in a commercial application.....IMHO......Cliff
Good insight Cliff. I love my 680 but my 372xp is more comfortable to run. 520 and 590 are my favorites. I think Echo may have discontinued the 600. It's no longer listed on their website. All my Echo equipment has been very reliable. 20% off already good pricing, I'd be stocking up.

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk

Red97 has built a few 590-600 saws with ported 680 top ends. Comes out to be 73cc on the 590 chassis. Why can't echo do it at the factory? A 70cc saw on that case is what they really need.

I would get the 620's over the 680. And a 800 for when the bar is over 28"

I feel You are asking for av trouble if you try and run a 30"+ bar on the 620 day in day out.

800 is built to handle the longer bars.

The 620 is worth the price difference for "pro" use. Rim sprocket and mag clutch cover. Are the big things I see nice for production use/durability.

620 will do good!!! Ported it will run with the big boys....pulling a 28 all day.
Have build several of these and a 620 and a 590 with 620 coil for a logger friend who cuts everything from pulp/Post to timber harvests with them. If they stand up for him they will stand up for everyone!!! He’s been running them everyday all day for about 3 years on the 590 and 4 for the 620.
Just curious, what does the 620 coil do that the 590 coil dont? Thanks.

Back