Echo saws for logging

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Scooters right. The 620 coil is unlimited and enhances the performance where the 590 coil leves off. The 590 fitted with the 620 coil (bolt on) help.

Why would a logger want to run an Echo? To save a few bucks? Are they better than Stihl or Husky? I believe they are better than the Stihl and Husky farmer saws but not better than the Pro saws by Stihl and Husky. If you make your living with it, run the best.

Why would a logger want to run an Echo? To save a few bucks? Are they better than Stihl or Husky? I believe they are better than the Stihl and Husky farmer saws but not better than the Pro saws by Stihl and Husky. If you make your living with it, run the best.

Echo CS1201's are the only alternative to Stihl 070/MS720's you'll see in many logging camps throughout SE Asia and Equatorial Africa. Is the 070 the better saw? Of course it is, and it's also one of the saws ever made. But the Echo will just keep going and going until there's some (often very poor quality) oil in its fuel or it's crushed by a huge mahogany tree. :D

I run Echo/Shindaiwa and Stihl products side to side. From a purely engineering/manufacturing point of view they are very different products. But both get their job done as well as it can be done, regardless if you are trimming your garden hedge or clearing a wood from heavy undergrowth to prepare it for a little chainsaw treatment. ;)

Echo, Stihl and Husky are all fine products. Most people seem to be brand loyal, I myself think they are all great saws, I don't even think about the warranty when purchasing one, as I usually don't have time to take it in, so I usually take care of everything myself. I seen to know enough to keep them going, and never expect to take it back to the dealer. I have run the crap out of my Echo, it seems to be my go to saw.

Back