Echo top-handle battery saw?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

esean

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Has anybody heard an ETA of the DCS-2500T in the US? With battery installed its the size and weight of a CS-2511T, and ECHO claims it's close in performance. I'm sure the runtime is short with the small battery, but I want one anyway! Looks great for pruning and cleanup around the house, and light for carrying out in the woods to trim around treestands without getting all 2-cycle stinky.

Has anybody heard an ETA of the DCS-2500T in the US? With battery installed its the size and weight of a CS-2511T, and ECHO claims it's close in performance. I'm sure the runtime is short with the small battery, but I want one anyway! Looks great for pruning and cleanup around the house, and light for carrying out in the woods to trim around treestands without getting all 2-cycle stinky.
Actual arborists use one charge for 1-2,5 hours for pruning and 30-45 minutes at small removals. 2 batteries are enough in urban areas for non-stopping day of work (where most of arborist work is actually done).
US is probably under a big question mark as large removals are more typical than delicate pruning tasks and 2500T is a professional pruning saw which is probably not suitable for most US climbers (think stock 2511)

Thanks - that runtime seems great for what I want. I hope we get them here, and at a reasonable price.

Latest posts

Back